• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWrecks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Beware when buying from Century Arms.

I suppose it goes without saying given their reputation but just in case anyone needs reminders.

I wish I took before photos but oh well. I have been wanting a new all steel 40 caliber pistol so I went online to see where I could get a Smith and Wesson 4006. Their website had various listed conditions of guns, I bought one of the "very good" condition ( In perfect working condition, no appreciable wear on working surfaces, no corrosion or pitting, only minor surface dents or scratches.) pistol. I ordered it and had it sent to the closest dealer. I go to pick it up, oh man. This was for sure a duty pistol, all chewed up grip, barrel is worn, you can barely see the "40 tactical" down the side of the slide. Whatever. It was still a good price, I'll learn to live with it... Take it home start taking it part to deep clean... Whew, a fair amount of rust underneath the hand guard. This pistol is definitely in "fair" condition (In safe working condition but well worn, perhaps requiring replacement of minor parts or adjustments which should be indicated in advertisement, no rust, but may have corrosion pits which do not render article unsafe or inoperable.) not "very good".

I mentioned it to the Dealer/Distributor just for future reference and they asked what they could do to make it right. Awful nice of them, and not their fault at all. All in all I got a 4006 for around 550, not mad about that but Yeesh Century Arms.

Sorry again for no before and after pics.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing like a little false advertising between friends. Or "trade talk" or "puffery"--however you want to nicen it up. Sorry they weren't honest with you.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Back when I was mail ordering surplus guns, I found out quickly that it pays exponential dividends to opt for the $10 "hand select". They line up 5 or 10 randomly and give you the best one. Does Century do that?

Top Bottom