• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This will open a can of worms.

Between ATT & Verizon... What you all think. We have been with Verizon for a while but it does not work well at our property and it seems like they are just going down hill. Thinking of making the switch to ATT. I know ATT works a little better at the property.

I also thought of getting a cell booster (Freq Based) for up there but they get very mixed reviews if they even work at all.

ATT would be cheaper.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had to change to att about a year ago, verizon had gotten unreliable at the farm. So far it’s been good , I get 3 to 4 bars most days and calls don’t drop very often.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Pure Talk and Patriot Mobile say they use AT&T towers so they get the same level of performance. They are both veteran owned. They both have American based Customer Service. It might be worth looking into. I left AT&T for Pure Talk about 3 years ago saved about half. My ulterior motive was to get away from that woke conglomerate. The saving was a bonus.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pure Talk and Patriot Mobile say they use AT&T towers so they get the same level of performance. They are both veteran owned. They both have American based Customer Service. It might be worth looking into. I left AT&T for Pure Talk about 3 years ago saved about half. My ulterior motive was to get away from that woke conglomerate. The saving was a bonus.
    I just looked up Pure Talk and to get what we have now would be about the same price we are paying now. Unless there is an Military Discount I did not see on there website. I have had friends that switched to these oddball companies and had terrible luck with cell service. I know all these big boy companies are bad and promote stuff we don't like but if we were to boycott all of them we would have to just hide in the house under a rock.

Thanks for the info. Honestly I never heard of Pure Talk.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I forgot to mention the veteran's discount because you have to ask for it. I had to email a copy of DD214 to the area that handles the discount. You need to talk to CS to get the address. Their response though was immediate, maybe an hour. I think the discount is 15%. I was saving half before the discount. The discount was a bonus. I think I talked to CS to receive all the discounts I was eligible for. In addition, I gave them a credit card number that my fees are charged to every month (easily verified charge) and I get 2% cash back from my credit card, win, win. Pure talk advises me monthly in a separate email when the charge is applied. Its an identified Pure Talk line item on my credit card.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    i used to have a cell booster from ATT. It sat in the window, and after telling ATT (via the Internet) what cell phone numbers would be using it, it boosted the signal in my home and a few yards into my driveway from about 0-2 bars to 3-5. It got a lightning strike (along with my internet modem). ATT replaced the modem but said they no longer make or provide cell boosters...that I can now connect my cell phone and make and receive calls via wifi. Such wifi calls show in minutes on my bill, but there is no additional charge for them (53 minutes the last billing period) and no additional charge for using the booster when it was operable. The wifi cell signal doesn't go as far as the stand alone booster did.

While I have no idea if an ATT supplied cell booster is the same as a generic unit, the ATT unit did help in my case.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Over in Baldwin County Verizon has great coverage up to and including 25 miles out in the Gulf. FWIW, if you travel to the Smoky Mountains Verizon works best there. My Verizon android works fine in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, and Navarre. Good luck!

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Verizon didn't work well @ my home in Gulf Breeze . Amazingly the water tower 500m away is bristling with cellphone repeaters . ATT works fine or any service that uses their towers . Have been with Cingular for last few years ( uses ATT towers ) service has been OK & rates are good . They are a Seattle based WOKE bunch as is AARP , but haven't been over the top.............YET .

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I've had both in Pensacola. There's basically no difference I can tell. Verizon was nice because my workplace had their boosters, but that's it. Both were equally average, and AT&T was like $25 less a month for what basically seems like the same level of quality.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I switched to Verizon from AT&T several years because I couldn’t get service at my house in Pace.
    AT&T was better at my hunting camp in south Alabama though.

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had Verizon for several years, prices kept going up, service was deteriorating, customer service folks were rude and obnoxious, even more than me and that's saying something, switched to Cricket 12 years ago and never looked back, better coverage and only $25 for unlimited everything, and they use AT&T towers

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i used to have a cell booster from ATT. It sat in the window, and after telling ATT (via the Internet) what cell phone numbers would be using it, it boosted the signal in my home and a few yards into my driveway from about 0-2 bars to 3-5. It got a lightning strike (along with my internet modem). ATT replaced the modem but said they no longer make or provide cell boosters...that I can now connect my cell phone and make and receive calls via wifi. Such wifi calls show in minutes on my bill, but there is no additional charge for them (53 minutes the last billing period) and no additional charge for using the booster when it was operable. The wifi cell signal doesn't go as far as the stand alone booster did.

While I have no idea if an ATT supplied cell booster is the same as a generic unit, the ATT unit did help in my case.
    @Daezee I think what you had as a booster like was Jason has up in Baker, FL. It connects to your internet and uses that to make your cell phones work. I remember you telling me about it a while ago. I was talking about an Freq booster where you have a Yagi type antenna pointed in the general direction of the nearest cell tower and then another antenna inside the house or car that amplifies the signal. The latest ones that support 5g are around 500 bucks.

Amazon product ASIN B08WYQND57
    Update. I did make the switch to ATT no harm no fowl because I can cancel at anytime. They gave me a deal I could not refuse. With bring your own phone which wife and I both have Note 20 Ultra's Unlocked I don't usually ever buy store branded cell phones.

Now this BS where they will give you 800 for any trade is a total scam. I went into the store today in Pace and crunched the numbers with them. I have two extra phones that I was thinking about trading a Moto 5G Ace and a Note 10 Plus. But it's not even worth giving them POS phones because they are screwing you in the deal.

If anyone was even awake and did the numbers in your head it does not add up.

Example.

So lets say I trade any phone for the new S22 Ultra 256GB More memory because the POS no longer has an SD Card Slot big no no for me.

They say they are giving you 800 for your phone and the S22 Ultra (256) is $1299.99 Retail.

So what is that difference 499.99.

I told them I want to pay any difference for the phone outright I don't want a monthly payment. So I was told that would be $500.

So 800 + 500 the phone should be paid for correct. NOPE...

Then they charge you for 3 years (Yes 3 Years) LOL $36.12 and then credit that back each month for 3 LONG years.

36.12 x 12 x 3 = 1300.32 for the S22 Ultra. So they are still charging full price for the phone and then credit it each month.

But if you want out before that very long 3 years you have to pay full price 1300 for the phone no matter how long you have been paying on it AND you do not get your phone back.

I find this to be a scam. I can buy this phone for way cheaper out right if I really wanted it that bad.

I feel sorry for the people doing these deals. Good luck out there. Do your homework before you buy anything.

:(

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    It isn’t an either or. T-Mobile has them both beat. They do a military discount and service is superior to AT&T or Verizon. I have had both.
    IMHO

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I second the T-mobile post above. If you're over 55 they have a plan with unlimited everything for $55 monthly for 2 lines. I know they have military discounts also although this one was better for us. We had switched from AT&T and did not have any less quality of service when we did, and it's only improved since then. At the time we were paying over $140 for a very limited data service. They have been upgrading their service constantly since we got on a few years ago and went from pretty decent service to excellent coverage. We took a road trip to South Dakota last August with lots of side trips along the way and listened to internet radio from my phone the entire time. Had 5G signal almost everywhere and only lost the signal a very few times for a few seconds maybe up to a minute. At home (Gulf Breeze, Midway area) I get a minimum of about 200 mbs download speed but usually is higher in the 400-500 range.

In addition to the good rates and service you get freebies from them every Tuesday. They range from discounts on gas (right now .25 a gallon off shell until August) to free sandwiches at Firehouse Subs, free paramount+ for a year, free commercial free Pandora radio on weekends and much more.

No I don't work for them and get nothing from them but I have been very happy with them since we switched.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    T-Mobile would not work for me. I know to many people that don't have service have the time with them. I guess it depends what and where you use your phone.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    My experience with t mobile is terrible and I've never had their service. Best friend has them. Calls are never clear. Low, jumbled, it's ridiculous. This is over the years, constant. My dad recently got fed up with Verizon. Went to t mobile. It's hard to have a conversation with him on the phone since the first call. Sounds like his phone fell between the seats. He sounds so far away. It also skips and misses. I have to ask him what all the time and also have to repeat things for him. It's not the phone, it's the connection.
    I've had version forever. Few spots in jay I have to hold the phone vertical and talk on speaker outside in the middle of the yard lol. Not totally Verizon, most homeowners say their phone doesnt work well either. All else is well. I work all over.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My experience with t mobile is terrible and I've never had their service. Best friend has them. Calls are never clear. Low, jumbled, it's ridiculous. This is over the years, constant. My dad recently got fed up with Verizon. Went to t mobile. It's hard to have a conversation with him on the phone since the first call. Sounds like his phone fell between the seats. He sounds so far away. It also skips and misses. I have to ask him what all the time and also have to repeat things for him. It's not the phone, it's the connection.
    I've had version forever. Few spots in jay I have to hold the phone vertical and talk on speaker outside in the middle of the yard lol. Not totally Verizon, most homeowners say their phone doesnt work well either. All else is well. I work all over.
    Yea T Mobile may be cheap buy they are crap.

Gonna try ATT for a few not big deal because I will never be any any long term contract or stuck with there 3 yr scam buying there phones. LOL Can give them the boot at anytime.

Reactions: FLT

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well getting a really good deal from ATT saving alot from Verizon. Two phones Unlimited everything $70 + tax tag and title a month. That works out because we are Fiber Customers and then Military, They approved to get two discounts at 25% off. I have this in writing (emails)

Then they gave me two months free for our fiber internet and paid no activation fees.

I just bought us two new phones direct from Samsung. Much Much better trade deals and free stuff direct than getting in some stupid 3 year contract with any carrier. Traded a Note10+ and a Note 20 Ultra. They gave me more than I paid for the Note 20 Ultra because I got a deal on Swappa for it. LOL I'm keeping the brand new (Bought from Samsung) Note 20 Ultra and the Moto One 5G for spares.

Was just at property this morning with Daezee and Land Neighbor. Land Neighbor had 4 bars ATT and my phone barely working on Verizon. Pretty sad !!! :(

Wish me luck. The main thing is making the Wife happy.

Wife's hate change. LOL Wait until I tell her she's getting a new phone. LOL. She pulled that crap when I told her I'm buying you a new car... She's like I don't need one. We got it and she loves it. Bought a used 2018 Honda CRV from friends of ours Greg he use to be the #1 Blue Angle pilot back in the day. This was a while back. I would not buy anything like that right now. But Electronics TV laptops chromebooks phones etc are deals right now. They have too much inventory.

:) ;)

Top Bottom