Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

CCW Turnaround Time

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

bpreston

Reaction score
For anyone on here that is interested in how long the current Dept. of Agriculture is taking to turn out Carry Permits, I’ll be tracking the process for my application.

Paperwork says wait 3-4 weeks before checking the status, but knowing myself I’ll be checking it multiple times a day until it’s in the mailbox.

As of today, 10/09/1998, permit was applied for at my local tag office.

I’ll post updates as they come available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John B.

Reaction score
Happy birthday! hopefully you don't get clapped before the crown grants you permission to defend yourself!

(FWIW, 10 years ago they said my wait was 6 weeks and I got it in 8 days... hopefully you'll be as lucky!)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Hell you dont even need one in alabama anymore. If you want one walk in and get it. Dept of agriculture? WTH has that got to do with guns? Should be the sherriff.

Last edited:

bpreston

Reaction score
As of 10/18/2019, 7 business days after the application was submitted, the license was issued and is being mailed. The status checker says up to 15 days in the mail, but we'll see.

bpreston

Reaction score
As of 10/24/19 the license arrived in the mail. The whole process took 11 business days. Overall I would say this is a decent turnaround, although there should be no reason that the local tag office or sheriffs office couldn’t print the license and run the background.

John B.

Reaction score
As of 10/24/19 the license arrived in the mail. The whole process took 11 business days. Overall I would say this is a decent turnaround, although there should be no reason that we should have to get the government's permission to defend ourselves.

Fixed this for you.

wildrider666

Reaction score
Fixed this for you.
Your right. So many Rights have been abolished and replaced permission slips or criminal charges. Seems to me that people didn't fight hard enough against them, were unaware or didn't care enough back then or now.

CESwartz07

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
A central FL republican state representative has submitted a bill for next session for constitutional carry. A bunch of other pro 2A rights restoration in there too, but I doubt it gets passed.

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Toggle Sidebar