• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seabass

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    does anybody still use cb radio's for hunting or just talking over the air waves anymore got some nice stuff that I'm thinking about selling but I'd like to get some input on it before post

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm looking for a mount, which I'll probably have to make, and then I'll be back up and running. Use it for hunting, but mainly for skip talking.
    But what you got?

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    There doesn't seem to be much of a market for it anymore. It might make a cool decoration in your "man room".

seabass

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a striker 490 radio driving a 600 watt fatboy all together running a little over 900watts

seabass

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanx for the info fella's I'll post some pic's later when I'm allowed to per the rules

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the SHTF, and the Internet, cell phones, texting, sat phones, and repeaters all get shut down by the government; CB and Ham radio will still work because they are line of sight and independent of support systems. :tinfoil3:

I have a NIB never opened Cobra 40 Channel which I'm hanging onto just in case. Might be handy in environmental emergencies too.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Everyone do yourselves a favor and get your ham license. The test is easy and gives you the ability to talk a lot further then a CB radio will ever get you, legally that is. I have had my general ticket for a few years and it is fun. I always have a handheld 2m radio on me, charged and ready. I also have a HF radio in the house that I have used to talk around the world. I recently put together a rubbermaid container with a HF mobile radio, dipole antenna, and battery. I want to get a small solar panel to go into the kit for SHTF day. I also use it for field day.

Best money I ever spent and has come in handy during times of emergency. I worked the bands after Katrina relaying communications from those in N.O. to the outside world. We also staff the local shelters when they open just in case phones or power goes down. It can be rewarding if you want it to be and if not then it is just plain fun.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Post them up. The company I work for using them around the compound. Might be interested in a whatever you have.

Top Bottom