• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would agree with the above. Not criminal. No intent.
    But as a non lawyer,IMO,surely civil. But extremely minor unless you could prove,conclusively,of future plans to breed for monetary purposes.
    All in all . . still a sad case. --- SAWMAN
    We are not convinced it was an accident. That is part of the caution here. Pick a vet clinic and develop a relationship with them.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To what end,for what purpose,would he do it purposefully ??
    Would his staff knowingly facilitate this ?? Why ?? --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To what end,for what purpose,would he do it purposefully ??
    Would his staff knowingly facilitate this ?? Why ?? --- SAWMAN
    Because the 'pet movement' is big into neutering bully breeds. They do not think the average person should be breeding a 'pitbull' just like some do not think black rifles matter. He is a 95 lb dog in perfect physical shape with a big head.

1608296496635.png

Many of these newer vets are not dog people and are more into working on 'pets'.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Where's the Criminal Intent? LMAO.

But on a Brighter note, the SRC Humane Society will be waiving adoption fees tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 19, 2020).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where's the Criminal Intent? LMAO.

But on a Brighter note, the SRC Humane Society will be waiving adoption fees tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 19, 2020).
    If someone walked by my car that is my property and broke a window on purpose. Is that criminal intent. If a vet or someone else on purpose put out an eye of my dog is that criminal. I am not a lawyer so I do not know. But the purpose of the post was to be careful of what vet that you chose.
    Some of hog doggers if you did that to their top stud would do some unpleasant things to you.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If someone walked by my car that is my property and broke a window on purpose. Is that criminal intent. If a vet or someone else on purpose put out an eye of my dog is that criminal. I am not a lawyer so I do not know. But the purpose of the post was to be careful of what vet that you chose.
    Some of hog doggers if you did that to their top stud would do some unpleasant things to you.
    OH, and I didn't mean to hit the "LIKE", but the Reply. So you got a Freebie, lol.

Damn, was ur OP about "IF" someone walked by and broke ur window or "IF" someone "ON PURPOSE" put out an eye? So what is your problem?
    You answered your own question "ON PURPOSE". so yes, on purpose is intent.
    A vet "MISTAKENLY" neutered a dog IS NOT CRIMINAL INTENT. LMAO
    Do you just want to argue or just show your ignorance?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I seriously doubt a licensed veterinarian is on some personal quest to illegally neuter/spay specific breeds, while totally disregarding their oath to do no harm, disregarding their business risk concerning that client, disregarding the financial risk of litigation, disregarding the legal risk of charges and loss of license, etc etc, all for what exactly?

No. Most likely this was a tragic breakdown of communication within the clinic, if the owner never verbalized the neuter and never authorized it on paper.

Mistake, yes. Avoidable, yes. Criminal mastermind intent, doubtful.

What we don't know is how the veterinarian reacted to the situation. Usually a client speaks with a receptionist or office manager or vet tech over the phone, immediately after a surgery. That call "Fido did great and you can pick him up in a couple hours". Sometimes it's the vet. What did the vet say/do? What was the excuse?

Can you find out the veterinarian's response and share it here to give a better picture of the situation?

Regardless, the deed is done, and no matter the smooth talking damage control that may be said, the owner can file reports, complaints, and maybe even litigation. Depending on the owner's assessment of the overall situation.

Here are two sources of info:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seriously doubt a licensed veterinarian is on some personal quest to illegally neuter/spay specific breeds, while totally disregarding their oath to do no harm, disregarding their business risk concerning that client, disregarding the financial risk of litigation, disregarding the legal risk of charges and loss of license, etc etc, all for what exactly?

No. Most likely this was a tragic breakdown of communication within the clinic, if the owner never verbalized the neuter and never authorized it on paper.

Mistake, yes. Avoidable, yes. Criminal mastermind intent, doubtful.

What we don't know is how the veterinarian reacted to the situation. Usually a client speaks with a receptionist or office manager or vet tech over the phone, immediately after a surgery. That call "Fido did great and you can pick him up in a couple hours". Sometimes it's the vet. What did the vet say/do? What was the excuse?

Can you find out the veterinarian's response and share it here to give a better picture of the situation?

Regardless, the deed is done, and no matter the smooth talking damage control that may be said, the owner can file reports, complaints, and maybe even litigation. Depending on the owner's assessment of the overall situation.

Here are two sources of info:

You could be correct. If I learn more, I will post it. But I will not push the owner because I know she is very upset and I assume boiling with rage.

bmixs10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Testosterone is linked to anal tumors in older male dogs. This has occurred with several of my dogs as they aged over the years.

Some vets have a policy to neuter when removing the tumor. I explained to them my policy was to just remove the tumor and to leave the dog's junk in tack. I was primarily concerned with weight gain. If it was a female vet, they usually got huffy and acted like they wanted to neuter me. Male vets didn't seem as concerned.

So I found a male vet who just removed the tumor, but I think they may be getting harder to find. This was on younger dogs. If older, I allowed the neutering.

I'm sorry this happened.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom