APOD Firearms

'Cause we like us some civil war history.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carl

Master
    "History is made by its participants, but it is written by historians generations afterward. Not all of them are intellectually honest, and many want to shape the perception of the past in order to influence events in the future."

Yep.

mwhich50

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Of course there have always been history hacks, and non-historians using their interpretation of history for their political ends (secondary sources).

Your typical responsible/authentic Historian uses primary sources when conducting research, and speaking about particular events. That would include writings, eyewitness accounts. newspaper clippings, photos, and artifacts from the time period being discussed.

Secondary sources are everything else.

Carl

Master
    Of course there have always been history hacks, and non-historians using their interpretation of history for their political ends (secondary sources).

Your typical responsible/authentic Historian uses primary sources when conducting research, and speaking about particular events. That would include writings, eyewitness accounts. newspaper clippings, photos, and artifacts from the time period being discussed.

Secondary sources are everything else.

That sounds great but here's one example of many, even being taught in public schools in several states. Was the revolutionary war really fought to preserve slavery? Was the US really founded in 1619? - https://1619education.org/

mwhich50

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    All primary sources, need to be considered objectively.
    I don't think we should thrust adult politics into our children's classrooms.
    They don't understand, or care.

mwhich50

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    As a history major I don't like these old statues/sculptures/artifacts being damaged in any way. I consider it art, and part of America's history.
    I didn't know, or care who the bases I was stationed at, were named after.

We can discuss, and debate without hate.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    bunch of crap that liberal progressive marxist professors drug out of their offended butts to teach our kids... tearing down statues makes us worse than the stinking muslems tearing down historic statues over in sandland, because we should know better.

i am not or have ever been a slave holder, nor any of my family still living, there are no slaves present in america now, and i see no need to pay any slave desendants money...

edit, democrats offend me... i need some money from them

mwhich50

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm not a Dem. I wouldn't want to offend you.
    I'm an Independent. The word on the street is whoever wins over independent voters.......wins.

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    At my Grandmother's house in Massachusetts we found a three volume set of 'History of the Civil War' written in 1867. I hope to be able to sit down and read this after I retire. Maybe much insight from that time period.

Top Bottom