• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I consider myself very lucky to have had 7-8 georgia Arms .308 blow up in my M1A with no damage but blowing out the bottom of the magazines.thats why I no longer use Georgia Arms ammo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nevermind, I see you have had a few!!

Had some older Ultramax blow the magazine out of 2 different glocks.. Exciting stuff for sure!

Last edited:

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Taurus tracker in 17 hmr that had 5 bullets jam in the barrel because of Taurus poor design. I contacted Taurus and it cost me $55.00 to send it back, I got a letter stating it was fixed but nothing was any different than when I sent it to them, they did not even wipe it off. Thank goodness I didn't have a real dangerous problem. this is why I will never buy a taurus product again.

slfree

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a couple squib rounds over the years. Each time I knew instantly that something was wrong. Fathertime, this is not a putdown, but I would love to know the story of how 5 rounds came to be stuck in that barrel.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    slfree the first time I did not catch it in time and actually fired a round behind the lodged bullet, bigger boom but no damage. I did not realize what had happened. shot a few more rounds and went home next time out fired about 20 rounds, something sounded different stopped shooting and discovered the lodged bullet, took the gun home punched the bullet out. Now I realize what was going on, go back out at a later date same thing don't remember how many rounds fired before the lodge but realized the problem, go home punch the bullet out. When all of this has happened I start thinking that it was the ammo that I was shooting (Federal that was given to me when I bought the gun from the dealer) so I go out again this time with Hornady ammo that I have never had a problem with, shoot 20 or 30 rounds then guess what another bullet in the barrel. This time I had my punch with me and I did a in field fix, shot maybe 10 rounds and here we go again. Let me say this also every round fired had the neck split and flared because on this particular gun the cylinder was not necked down. It looked like a 22 magnum cylinder. I called Taurus and explained the problem and the guy says the cylinder is supposed to be that way its supposed to split the cartridge. So I send it in at my expense and it comes back with an Invoice looking page that says Firearm repaired. They did not even wipe it off from when I sent it to them. So needless to say I sold the gun with the understanding of the history of the gun. I bought a Smith And Wesson 17hmr and love shooting it with zero problems and my I say the cylinder on it is necked down as it should be.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wife and I were shooting at ERML, when it was still ERML, and she was firing her revolver. I was next to her shooting a semi pistol and I remember a distinctly different sound and knew it didnt come from my pistol. I dropped mine to the bench and reached over towards her as she was "considering" pulling the trigger again, seemingly acknowledging something was wrong but was waiting for my reaction to keep going or not. I had a knee-jerk reaction and yelled "stoooooooooooooppppp!!! dont shooooooootttttt!!!", hahaha, I felt like I was in slow-mo. Her face went ghost white and I assured her everything was ok but that sound was a squib. I unloaded the cylinder for her and took a peek down the barrel to notice that indeed there was still a boo-lit in the hole. Punched it out with a cleaning rod and she was done for the day. Emailed Remington and never heard a single thing back from them. Sent info regarding the situation, chambering, ammo type and lot number but never heard back another word, very peculiar if you ask me. I dont have a problem shooting remy ammo and have never had another squib since, nor before, but I will never forget that sound.

Top Bottom