• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I'm scheduled for a Cardiac Ablation on 19 Nov 2021 with a 0730 showtime. The procedure barring any complications will take approximately 3 hours.

The purpose of this procedure is to create a scar in my heart that will stop/block my Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) from occurring. If the procedure is a success it will allow me to finally come off of Amiodarone. I've been on the med now for 7 years and as my docs say that is 7 years too long. One of the side affects of it is Pulmonary Fibrosis, the longer I'm on it the greater my chances of developing it are. So the sooner I can come off the med the better.

A few other positive notes.

A few weeks ago I had my regular Cystoscopy (Bladder scoping). I'm 11 years cancer free (Bladder cancer) now. Doc said if it was going to recur it would have already done so. So now I'm on a 2 year scoping schedule, went from 3 month scopings, to 6 month, to annual.

My Sciatica which flared up in June and put me on my back all the way up to this month (Almost 5 months straight) is finally under control. I can move around, I can now walk further than the bathroom without pain. Hell, I feel so good I made it to the Panama City gunshow the other weekend, and didn't pay for it or regret it later. I'm just enjoying being able to get around freely, without pain, and not being hunched over.

So now I'm looking for my next military surplus gun (If the prices will get realistic again), along with trying to find a S&W Model 15 K 38 Combat Masterpiece. So I can have an example/facsimile of the 38 I carried in the AF. Got a Beretta M9 Commercial as a facsimile of the M9, plus the Faux M16A2 645 and M16 604 (That I just finished). So the 38 will round out and finish my service weapons.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Best of luck. I just came back from being gone to Chicago for three months on FMLA taking care of my 90yr old father who has pulmonary fibrosis and congestive heat failure. My sister and I nursed him back from the brink, he’s on hospice but what a crappy way to live after having a stroke. Due to his issues he was on a oxygen concentrator for most of the day also…

Top Bottom