• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • collectorden

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He was on the 4:00 show. Probably be on again at 5.

The reporter did go on to say that the NRA and other local trainers don't agree with him.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I saw that..... the local NRA countered by saying that there has been NO incidences involving CCW being under-trained. WEARTV-3 now has a place on their site to find CCW classes.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    great....

here is the link to the article on Channel 3: LINK

I'm sure they will add the video portion soon.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if we sent the link to the NRA -- if they would revoke his instructor certification?? Anyone in the NRA state or regional level feel like stirring the pot?? :wink:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    According to the article, he just wants a standard of training to be set. Regardless of your personal opinions of Captain Ron and his methods, I don't see a problem with that statement. I'd feel more comfortable knowing people walking around with CCWs are properly trained in handling and using firearms, rather than having went to a gun show and popped a round off into a horse trailer then called it a day. I understand the opinion of Captain Ron is somewhat low around this forum, but this is starting to get childish.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A 90 year old grand mother has the right to carry as long as she is legally competent. So does a one armed man. So does someone that is wheelchair bound. We have to keep the rules and regs,including the shooting part of the process,so that ALL able bodies persons of sound mind can exercise their RIGHT(lets all remember we are talking a RIGHT here)to carry a concealed weapon within the boundaries of the law.

What kind/type of training does the "Capt." feel that individuals should have ?? Training that will be fair to ALL individuals. --- SAWMAN

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gee Scuba - looking at your sig - default to the level of your training ..... exactly WHAT is your objection to training?

The man is calling for better training - something I seem to remember YOU spouting off about - extensively.

I guess you think any swinging richard should be able to carry ....... I smell double talk here - hypocrite much?

This isn't about the right to carry folks - its about doing it properly.

Unbunch your panties and grow the hell up already.

" Let's send the link to the NRA". Unbefreakinlievable.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    A 90 year old grand mother has the right to carry as long as she is legally competent. So does a one armed man. So does someone that is wheelchair bound. We have to keep the rules and regs,including the shooting part of the process,so that ALL able bodies persons of sound mind can exercise their RIGHT(lets all remember we are talking a RIGHT here)to carry a concealed weapon within the boundaries of the law.

What kind/type of training does the "Capt." feel that individuals should have ?? Training that will be fair to ALL individuals. --- SAWMAN

I'm sure it involves shooting more than one round into a horse trailer, which is perfectly alright with me. CCW permits are a huge responsibility, not just a way to nix waiting periods on purchasing handguns. The training and instruction required to obtain one should reflect this.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While the guy is a joke, I do agree with him. I mean, have you all been to local ranges and seen some people's weapons handling and shooting? It's downright scary at times, and I'm sure some of them CC.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Gee Scuba - looking at your sig - default to the level of your training ..... exactly WHAT is your objection to training?

The man is calling for better training - something I seem to remember YOU spouting off about - extensively.

I guess you think any swinging richard should be able to carry ....... I smell double talk here - hypocrite much?

This isn't about the right to carry folks - its about doing it properly.

Unbunch your panties and grow the hell up already.

" Let's send the link to the NRA". Unbefreakinlievable.

No it is Ron, trying to drum up business that way, and he is probably one of the worst to train with...MY opinion. oh and being a liar and running up false certifications too...LOL

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The low down is yes CCW is a BIG responsibility and one must be VERY familiar w/ their weapon and skill level. There are several out there that wouldn't be able to defend themselves and think they are a bad arse fer carrying.....Ron wants business and thinks that talking to the media would be the best way to do it, and unfortunately the news media are idiots as a whole so they have ole Ron on speed dial....

Sad thing is with the ammo depletion, it's hard to go out and shoot as much as before so familiarity with one's firearm will be even worse in the future....

Top Bottom