• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm increasingly running into issues where I cannot open/"see" images. X 10 in the funny memes. I have the same issue with Chrome and Firefox browsers, even using different computers on various networks. What's up? Fixes? Thx.

ETA: went back and cleaned this up a bit. Phone and forum posts; no likey...

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like a signal issue..
    Ok, all I know about signals is you either break squelch/reach my station, or ya don't. I'm not completely incompetent/afraid of tech; can you expand?

Up front, it might be fixed by an app update, that updates, the last update, but, @#$%! Can't @#$% just work for a week/two?

I guess I can go with the standard IT response. Just keep restarting/updating, and it'll "fix" itself, until the next time.

Hey, pilot. I'm gonna need ya t' land at the closest available airfield. Park it. Shut it down. Count to 10, and start 'er up again...

ETA: Even more FUBAR, I can see images/memes you post just fine, but not those of several others.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what you're using, pretty much if you don't have enough signal to get the bandwidth to transfer the data, the images won't come through you will just see the text because it doesn't take much to populate that.

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, not that, I'm on AT&T fiber optic, that is screaming fast, it's something else.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mine is the same thing. My thoughts, where it's all from the same guy, I bet he copy and pastes memes and some just don't work right. Plus, don't you think that when you copy and paste a link or picture that virus and malware can come in with it. I clicked on a link awhile back and got attacked by something and had to have my computer cleaned. I don't think it's a good idea to paste links on here anyways. It's just asking for trouble, and for what real purpose? for a cheap laugh that most have already seen on Facebook, the king of crap attacks. I don't think the site security catches everything, some bad stuff gets in.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mine is the same thing. My thoughts, where it's all from the same guy, I bet he copy and pastes memes and some just don't work right. Plus, don't you think that when you copy and paste a link or picture that virus and malware can come in with it. I clicked on a link awhile back and got attacked by something and had to have my computer cleaned. I don't think it's a good idea to paste links on here anyways. It's just asking for trouble, and for what real purpose? for a cheap laugh that most have already seen on Facebook, the king of crap attacks. I don't think the site security catches everything, some bad stuff gets in.
    Links are always suspicious.

When I'm out taxing memes for you guys, I almost always Screenshot instead of saving.

Even pictures I take, I edit as needed and then screenshot that before uploading... Hopefully that stops some of the geotagged location data from pulling. :)

If stuff isn't loading (I'm not having any issues that I know of), but in the past, its mostly either been slow connection or when the image type isnt allowed. Something other than the standard formats - jpeg, png.... My Iphone has been taking some HEIC photos and those things don't translate well here.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what you're using, pretty much if you don't have enough signal to get the bandwidth to transfer the data, the images won't come through you will just see the text because it doesn't take much to populate that.
    Tracking, but my issue is on multiple networks and with more than one browser; phone and multiple PCs. GCGF site settings?

Based on the fact(?) I can "see" your images/memes, and not others, could it be on their end? @#$, I don't know, but I wanna figure it out...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yyyy-up, that is certainly a possibility. Now that you mention it, most of the "failures" I encounter are from one/two of the most prolific, and I do find them quite entertaining, posters.

My initial course of action was, let's figure out what I might be doing wrong before I go blaming someone else. But, I'm at a dead end on this one.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Tracking, but my issue is on multiple networks and with more than one browser; phone and multiple PCs. GCGF site settings?

Based on the fact(?) I can "see" your images/memes, and not others, could it be on their end? @#$, I don't know, but I wanna figure it out...
    If you don't mind PMing me the members you cant see posts from, I can try and see if I'm noticing anything specific on their postings, but to be honest, if its too technical, Id have to ask @TexKev to look into it. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom