Canada to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership, buy back ‘assault-style weapons’ ban mags greater than 5 rds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Canadian PM Trudeau announces legislation to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership, buy back ‘assault-style weapons’​

The minister of public safety called it Canada's 'most significant action on gun violence in a generation'​

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Monday that his government is introducing legislation to "implement national freeze on handgun ownership" throughout the country. "What this means is that it will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer, or import handguns anywhere in Canada," Trudeau said at a press conference.
    "We recognize that the vast majority of gun owners use them safely and in accordance with the law, but other than using firearms for sport shooting and hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives." "The first AR-15s and other assault style firearms will start to be bought back by the end of this year," Magazines that hold more than five rounds will also be banned under the new laws.

Published May 30, 2022 3:32pm EDT

Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them​

1653955542114.png
    1653955784075.png

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Absolutely nuts, I never thought I'd see this day in my life although I guess Trudeau has a precedent of making the wrong decision.
    Realistically no form of potent gun control will ever happen because the second it does is the moment that many who've been chest thumping about guns recognize the government as illegitimate. We probably wouldn't see largescale violence but we'd see overnight more terrorist actions and even smaller less notable but still potent action such as tax rebellion and general noncompliance regarding Federal law.

Any gun control that could happen is toothless because it will have clauses that grandfather in the nearly four and a half million existing guns. A new AWB would only affect new production and spur gunowners to stock even more guns in anticipation of making money from an AWB.

Private sales will always happen and there is simply no feasible way to regulate private transactions unless we live in a police state. How will law enforcement know you went through a dealer? How would LE even be on your case unless they're already charging you for something and search you?

Gun control is a pipe dream.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    They've got brand spanking new Norinco SKS's in Canada... and other Norinco goodies... I wonder what they're doing with these weapons they buy back? Would be worth billions of dollars on the surplus market. Yes I "liked" the op's post. Because I want me a few of these brand new SKS's and I hope they do get this party started while I'm still young enough to party

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm writing a book with this scenario. I'm still deciding how to end it..
    It seems like it would be a hard feat, but everyone in disagreement with our unelected, tyrannical, completely incompetent, officials should immediately stop paying federal taxes. I know it seems impossible, but I wonder what would happen. All employers start paying employees in cash. I don't think they could lock everyone up. Matter a fact, that would be the time to mostly peacefully protest if they try.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Canadian PM Trudeau announces legislation to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership, buy back ‘assault-style weapons’​

At the same time Canad is criminalizing guns, they are decriminalizing hard drugs. What could possibly go wrong?

Canada announced Tuesday the decriminalization of hard drugs in small quantities in a British Columbia pilot project aiming to tame an opioid crisis that has killed thousands -- by treating addictions rather than jailing users for possession.

Responding to a request by British Columbia, federal Mental Health and Addictions Minister Carolyn Bennett said an exemption from the criminal code to allow for personal possession of opioids, cocaine, methamphetamine and other hard drugs would kick in on January 31, 2023 and last three years.

Adults in the Pacific coast province will not face arrest or charges for possession of up to 2.5 grams of hard drugs, nor will their drugs be seized by police.

1654100240035.png

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well , if you need jail space for those deplorable gun owners. Then you have to turn the drug user’s loose.
    From a liberals prospective, that makes perfect sense.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Defund police, defund CBP, allow illegal trafficking of drugs, humans, and infectious disease, stop fossil fuel production before we have viable alternative, euthanasia, decriminalize hard drugs, decriminalize riots, arson and looting if you're a democrat, stealing without consequence, just walk in and take what you want, dilute the 2A, reparations. Why do these idiots have a voice?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While it would never satisfy DFJB and the crooked grifters they could announce their own buy back and offer say $2000 for every AR sold/turned in for them to destroy or sell/trade to the cartel for more voters or joecain, win win for the gubment. Hunter be happy just leave some for dabig guy.
    1 million ARs x 2k is what, a measly 2 billion ? Lots of people would sell out for a good price.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    While it would never satisfy DFJB and the crooked grifters they could announce their own buy back and offer say $2000 for every AR sold/turned in for them to destroy or sell/trade to the cartel for more voters or joecain, win win for the gubment. Hunter be happy just leave some for dabig guy.
    1 million ARs x 2k is what, a measly 2 billion ? Lots of people would sell out for a good price.
    Hell I'd go buy more just to sell them at $2000 a pop to the Fed's buy back program. Bear Creek Armory would be my new best friend. Every FFL and gun show would be stripped bare. And then I'd go get them from the cartels. The new gold rush

Top Bottom