• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, got a question. In the 90's we used to camp all of the time on pensacola and Opal beaches and fish all night. I called and asked if that was still allowed and was told that it NEVER was permitted. Does anyone know if it IS okay or Not okay? thanks all for your comments and answers.

Last edited:

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did it last time I was home...I didn't set up a tent, just unrolled a bag in the bed of the truck....I down at the far end of the Island where the road was/is closed...I was on the gulf side.

But yeah as a teen I used to fish a lot out at Langdon Beach area headed towards pickens...I would stay over night there a lot..

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I guess it depends on your definition of camping. I think a lot of shark fisherman stay all night.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You're not camping. You're fishing with a lot of ammenities. The tent is to get out of the weather if it gets bad. Just leave at least one set rod in the water and you're good.

TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that is the SIMPLEST way to do it! haha. We would fish and surf all night, then sleep on beach all morning. Great days

TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    why, yes i do!! Frustrating that when you call the state parks or govt offices that you never get same answer twice. But taxes? that's a big 10-4

TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're not camping. You're fishing with a lot of ammenities. The tent is to get out of the weather if it gets bad. Just leave at least one set rod in the water and you're good.

ROFL~ and that is just what i've done just few yrs ago. Thought about having buddy DROP me off so there is no vehicle in their parking lot to tip anyone off if push comes to shove. Now fishing on the 17th ave bridge, Im loaded to the hilt with grill, cooler, tackle, rods, you name it. You don't mess with a man trying to catch a mess of fish!!

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only time people camp on the beach without getting harassed is memorial weekend. Total B.S. even shark fishing you're going to be questioned by cops on ATVs.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The only time people camp on the beach without getting harassed is memorial weekend. Total B.S. even shark fishing you're going to be questioned by cops on ATVs.

That's a dadgum fact. I don't get it. I guess it keeps them out of the main beach area. That's the only reason I can see that they let them get away with it.

Flguy32514

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I say we raise hell about that this coming Memorial weekend. I don't give a sh!t about people bringing money to this town. That's not the point the point is they are being allowed to do something others aren't

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say we raise hell about that this coming Memorial weekend. I don't give a sh!t about people bringing money to this town. That's not the point the point is they are being allowed to do something others aren't

Special exception is given to certain groups. I will gladly raise hell with you !!

Top Bottom