• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noggin

Shooter
    Well, it is time to stand up and be heard folks. We all need to contact our Florida Senators, Representatives, and Governor Scott to tell them that we do NOT want this legislation to pass.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1670 (general page)
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1670/BillText/Filed/HTML (text)

Some Links for contacting our leadership:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/
    http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Representatives/representatives.aspx
    http://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/

PDT

Shooter
    We need to really press in and get this off the table before it is too late. EVERYBODY, Call your representatives NOW!!!

feef706

Shooter
    Not what I expected from the good ol Sunshine State.. Will be sending lots of emails in the a.m.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    We need to really press in and get this off the table before it is too late. EVERYBODY, Call your representatives NOW!!!

Been working this all day. I have personaly gotten 15 people to call, that was before lunch.

CCHGN

Banned
    May this die a brutal agonizing death in committee,,,,,,btw, all the sheriffs in Florida signed the oath, right?

Doomsday

Shooter
    I emailed Gov Scott. Let these clowns know that they can expect electoral consequences if they vote for this shit! Texas is looking better as a retirement sanctuary/compound everyday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

911parrot

Expert
    I just e-mailed Rep. Ford, Congressman Evers, and Gov. Scott. Is there anyone else we need to contact about this crap?

Dwatts1984

Expert
    How is it that the small amount of liberals in large areas can influence the rest of the damn state! This is non-sense... IM about over hearing about firearms bans.

CCHGN

Banned
    The largest cities in Florida hold the most liberals- Miami, Orlando, Tampa, etc. Joyner is in Orlando.

Stagman

Master
    How is it that the small amount of liberals in large areas can influence the rest of the damn state! This is non-sense... IM about over hearing about firearms bans.[/QUOTE
    Too many white haired liberals from the north moved in and turned Florida too a liberal state, isn't it funny that those fools move to Florida because they love it but when they get there they immediately want to change things. Be sure to keep them in Florida don't send them to Alabama we only accept gun loving conservatives.

bayonet_53

Expert
    I emailed my Senators and Representatives.

Here is the reply I received from Sen. Gaetz

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thanks very much for writing me your thoughts regarding Senate Bill 1670, sponsored by Senator Arthenia Joyner (D-Tampa).

I greatly appreciate you taking time to share your views on this piece of legislation which would prohibit a person from manufacturing, importing, possessing, purchasing, selling or transferring any assault weapon or large-capacity magazine in the State of Florida. Like you, I am a gun owner and a supporter of our Second Amendment.

As you may know, SB 1670 is currently waiting to be assigned to its various committees. If you would like to learn more about this piece of legislation or follow it as it travels through the committee process, you can do so at www.flsenate.gov.

As Senate President, I am unable to sit on any committee or vote on bills while in the committee process. However, I am able to vote on legislation once it passes through the committee process and is brought to the Senate floor for a vote. I will certainly keep your views in mind if this bill travels through the committee process and makes its way to the Senate floor, and I will continue to support legislation that will uphold the Second Amendment and your right to bear arms as long as I serve in the Florida Senate.
    Again, thanks for writing. Your comments, criticisms and suggestions make me a better Senator for Northwest Florida.

Respectfully,

Don Gaetz

Last edited:
    Top Bottom