• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigAve

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My neighbor has a bushmaster At-15 he wants to sell, plain Jane with flip up sights. What’s a good asking price for that rifle?

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    I believe original Bushmasters are more sought after than the current ones. Better quality too.
    Originals have the large snake logo. Don’t know about newer models(Owned by Remington)
    Please correct me if I’m wrong.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The older Bushmasters were made in Windham, ME and MUCH better quality and hold their value better than the newer ones made under the Freedom Group.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    large snake logo.
    With a bullpup rifle in the snake logo on the pre-ban Bushmaster AR15. I spent days drooling over a mint example of the M17S bullpup at the local pawn shop in Maine. Very cool, but heavy.

Screenshot_20230216-013357.png
    Screenshot_20230216-013417.png

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Pre ban Bushmaster rifles do command a premium, but only among collectors and in collector grade condition. But they shouldn't. My ex-wives ex-husband got fired from Bushmaster in Windham for being a fraud and monkeying around acting like a gun smith. Plenty of rednecks in Maine have no business at a tool bench. Let a rifle stand on its own merits. It either works and is accurate, or it doesn't and isn't. Every rifle is different. Also, with a 20 or 30 year old pre-ban Bushmaster, anything could have been done to it by anybody along the way. I'd rather have a LNIB $400 DPMS Oracle or Bear Creek base model and know it works and have a warranty than over pay for a questionable 30 year old machine based solely on a stamped logo. I owned one of the pre-ban Bushmasters and I really rather preferred my other rifles over it, one of which was a Stag Arms AR that had it's accuracy guaranteed in writing from the manufacturer

Last edited:

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    WOW, and the negative person has spoken, his response answers the OP. Great job guy! I usually don’t chime in on negative comments, I would prefer to have the AR snobs answering questions verses negative comments. I really think if someone wanted a negative opinion they would PM you.

Top Bottom