• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The PACT Act was passed yesterday.

Tuesday with a final vote of 86-11

The PACT Act officially passed the U.S. Senate on Tuesday with a final vote of 86-11. In this April 28, 2011, photo, an Afghan National Army pickup truck passes parked U.S. armored military vehicles, as smoke rises from a fire in a trash burn pit at Forward Operating Base Caferetta Nawzad, Helmand province south of Kabul, Afghanistan.

Senate finally passes PACT Act for veterans exposed t…

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is what the R's said caused them to balk before:

Meanwhile, Republicans argued that the PACT Act would create $400 billion in unrelated spending. The opposition to the bill was led by Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), who pointed to a “budgetary gimmick” in the bill that he said “could allow certain funds to be used for programs unrelated to veterans’ health care,” Politico reported.

Coomer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NAYs ---11
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Lankford (R-OK)
    Lee (R-UT)
    Lummis (R-WY)
    Paul (R-KY)
    Risch (R-ID)
    Romney (R-UT)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Tillis (R-NC)
    Toomey (R-PA)
    Tuberville (R-AL)

11 Nays on the bill all Republicans.

Coomer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    btw.

FOB Spin Boldak
    Kandahar Airfiled
    Bagram Airfield

Rhinitis, asthma and occasional random lung aches and pains.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rick Scott is an Opportunist. I voted Republican across the board except for Senator. He follows the money. He votes for whomever pays him. Not a republican in my book. A real Republican would stand up for his constituents, regardless who offered him money. A real POS!

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk
    'Bout anti gun as they come, too. I have it in writing from him and Rubio both that they will vote in favor of any gun legislation that contains anything to do with "safety."

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you read the bill…

This bill expanded care for issues related to Agent Orange and Camp Lejeune.
    Good to know. I've lived with manageable symptoms long enough that unless this legislation promises to increase my disability rating/benefits, I'll just press on as I am. They damn sure ain't gonna make me 26 again.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep, IMO, all bills should be single item bills. No riders, no amendments. If the bill's issue(s) can't stand and succeed on it's own, it shouldn't be advanced any further.
    This and term limits would solve quite a few problems. :)

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This and term limits would solve quite a few problems. :)
    Yes, Sir, it would. One of the biggest fallacies propagated by the voting public is that we will someday, somehow, manage to vote in people who will make one of their primary golas voluntarily constraining themselves by inflicting term limits on themselves. Wow, I just typed that, and had to read it again because it read so ridiculous the first time, Yep, still the same...

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    'Bout anti gun as they come, too. I have it in writing from him and Rubio both that they will vote in favor of any gun legislation that contains anything to do with "safety."
    Yeah. He's the reason binary triggers are illegal here. Who spends $62.3 million to make $4 million a year? Never been about "safety".

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Gitsum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the bill was solely to help veterans it would have passed period. Bill is full of pork (theft of everyone’s tax dollars for the elite left) It will pass have no fear after republicans strip the waste from the bill. Hoping those who attack the republicans are only unaware of the real facts of this issue.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Can anyone break down the fork pat that the dimbos loaded the bill with?

Just wondering, since I split 3 months of 14 hour shifts behind a mk19 100 yards off the burn pit at camp leatherneck.

Coomer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can anyone break down the fork pat that the dimbos loaded the bill with?

Just wondering, since I split 3 months of 14 hour shifts behind a mk19 100 yards off the burn pit at camp leatherneck.

I don’t see pork fat but if you’re near a burn pit.. keep an eye out. 100 yards away from a burn pit is on close enough to cause you problems.

Burn Pit Expansion

Covers veterans serving on or after August 2
    1990, performed active military, naval, air, or
    space service while assigned to a duty station in, including airspace above: Bahrain; Iraq; Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; or United Arab Emirates.

Covers veterans serving on or after September 11, 2001, performed active military, naval, air, or space service while assigned to a duty station in, including airspace above: Afghanistan; Djibouti;
    Egypt; Jordan; Lebanon; Syria; Yemen;
    Uzbekistan; or any other country determined
    relevant by the Secretary.

Conditions subject to the presumption of service-connection include: Asthma, head cancer of any type, neck cancer of any type, respiratory cancer of any type, gastrointestinal cancer of any type,
    reproductive cancer of any type, lymphoma
    cancer of any type, lymphomatic cancer of any type, kidney cancer, brain cancer, melanoma, pancreatic cancer, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, constrictive bronchiolitis or obliterative bronchiolitis, emphysema, granulomatous disease, Interstitial
    lung disease, pleuritis, pulmonary fibrosis,
    sarcoidosis, chronic sinusitis, chronic rhinitis,
    glioblastoma, any other disease for which the Secretary determines, pursuant to regulations prescribed under subchapter VIl that a presumption of service connection is warranter. based on a positive association with a substance, chemical, or airborne hazard.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom