• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well first few parts picked up. Lower a few days ago. USPS brought my JP spring kit and set screws as well. Did my first color fill today still a bit of clean up work to do on it but not to bad I don't think anyway.

temp.JPG
    temp.JPG

Attachments

• temp.JPG
      temp.JPG
      16.6 KB · Views: 213
    • temp.JPG
      temp.JPG
      37.4 KB · Views: 209
    Last edited:

Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well the next step has been completed. A2 buffer tube on the way. Also did the $35 trigger job on this will try to get a measure on Weds or Thrus. 2016-01-09 17-48-18.856.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-01-09 17-48-18.856.jpg
      2016-01-09 17-48-18.856.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 190

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dusther...how's your build going? I just finished mine up. I started getting parts together after christmas and have finally got everything put together. I think I did pretty good for not having any specialty tools and having never built one. Everyone is correct though...I've built one...I'm already looking at parts and trying to figure out how to fund another.

I ended up with:
    Anderson Lower
    Aero Precision Enhanced upper and 15" enhanced M-Lok handguard
    Anderson 16" Carbine Barrel
    Spikes Buffer Tube kit
    Magpul Furniture
    CMC Single Stage 3.5lb curved trigger
    Fail Zero NiB BCG
    Magpul Backup Sights
    Vortex Sparc II
    That is the majority of the list anyways. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it this weekend. It definitely wasn't a budget build, but I don't think I completely broke the bank either. I haven't shot it yet, but just from initial impression I think I'm going to be really happy with most of the parts I bought. I'd like to eventually put a better barrel on it and probably better optics, but I had to start somewhere. I'm interested to see how your's turns out.

Al

View attachment 40565
    View attachment 40566

Attachments

• IMG_2007 (743x1280).jpg
      IMG_2007 (743x1280).jpg
      97.8 KB · Views: 171
    • IMG_2008 (781x1280).jpg
      IMG_2008 (781x1280).jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 165
    Last edited:

Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very nice job on it man. Mine is going real slow. Waiting on the stock right now. Doing my build the slow way. Only 1 component per payday. I need to find a trigger gauge the trigger job I did turned out pretty good by feel.

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Totally understand the one part per payday thing. I probably should have done that. I just got impatient and wanted to get it together. Good on you for having more self control than me. Good luck with the build. I'll let you know how mine shoots.

Al

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Good job fellas, nice looking rifles. I like the crusader emblem and no problem at all taking your time to get parts. I've changed parts in mine more than once because I got impatient. About to start another build myself. Decisions, decisions...

drew

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Figured I'd get in on this - I am starting my first build as well!

So far I have a complete lower (Ambush Tactical...seems they have gone out of business) - I bought it complete but I'll probably end up at least replacing the stock.

Goal is to build a "budget" M-16/A2 clone. I always wanted one since back in my USMC days...been putting it off for about a decade haha.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Figured I'd get in on this - I am starting my first build as well!

So far I have a complete lower (Ambush Tactical...seems they have gone out of business) - I bought it complete but I'll probably end up at least replacing the stock.

Goal is to build a "budget" M-16/A2 clone. I always wanted one since back in my USMC days...been putting it off for about a decade haha.

I built my second A2 last year. If you need some help sourcing the right stuff, let me know.

drew

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whoa - Tackleberry...that's EXACTLY what I'm looking to build. Beautiful.

I'm not sure it can be done on a budget though. What do you think?

I'd definitely be interested in learning more about where you sourced parts.

PS :

Just looked at your A2 gallery on photobucket from those photos above...really liking what you've got going on there.

Filled in the PSA logo on the lower here? (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/jamesrea_2006/media/Weapons 2014/A2 ARs/006_zpsjleirtpy.jpg.html) Looks excellent.

So many questions...haha!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Whoa - Tackleberry...that's EXACTLY what I'm looking to build. Beautiful.

I'm not sure it can be done on a budget though. What do you think?

I'd definitely be interested in learning more about where you sourced parts.

PS :

Just looked at your A2 gallery on photobucket from those photos above...really liking what you've got going on there.

Filled in the PSA logo on the lower here? (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/jamesrea_2006/media/Weapons 2014/A2 ARs/006_zpsjleirtpy.jpg.html) Looks excellent.

So many questions...haha!

The PSA lower is one of their Stealth lowers. I bought this one when they were still available.

Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well it has been awhile since I have posted on this. I was sitting on the funds. As some have followed. I had intended to go with wood furniture on this build. Well this past week customer service has failed again. I was going to go with Boyd's set up but when they couldn't tell my the ID of the hand guards that they make and Armalite couldn't tell me the OD of the tube for the free float tube that they make.. I changed direction. Here is how the lower is looking now. the rest of the upper will be here Monday so will be most of the way finished at that point. Image 2.jpg

Attachments

• Image 2.jpg
      Image 2.jpg
      108.4 KB · Views: 198

Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ar2.JPG

So how it sits now. I plan on changing out the hand guard for a 15 or 16" keymod replacing the pistol grip and adding a muzzle break.

18" 1:8 Bear Creek Arsenal Upper
    Luth -AR stock
    Spikes Crusader Lower
    CMMG LPK with JP spring set and cut down hammer approx 3.5 trigger pull
    Nikon P-223 4-12x40

Attachments

• ar2.JPG
      ar2.JPG
      451.1 KB · Views: 185

Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks Josh. I can't wait to get the longer hand guard on it. the one on it now is only 10" the 15" key mod will look much sweeter.

Dusther

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I was able to get out to the range today. And well I'm very pleased on how it turned out. Here is my zeroing target.
    zero target p223.JPG

after that .. I spent several magazines out at 100. Was unable to retrieve target.. to many holes and few added due to cross range and distance.

Then the remainder of the 25 yrd zero target to see where it hit close up without adjustments. The Nikon Spot On app.. well yeah it is spot on. no adjustments to the optic only the aim point and you can see the results.

The final magazine for the day was put on a 50 yrd target and still happy with it.. so all in all not bad for the first 200 rnds thru a virgin firearm. last 30 of 200 2.gif

Attachments

• zero target p223.JPG
      zero target p223.JPG
      112.2 KB · Views: 147
    • last 30 of 200 2.gif
      last 30 of 200 2.gif
      173.6 KB · Views: 147
    Top Bottom