• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A long time friend and hunting buddy up in Maine just got this setup. Too big and complecated for me but he is younger and more computer/high(er) tech orientated than me.
    The newer ATN ThOR 640 unit. I believe that he said it was 2.5X native and up to 14X digital zoom. It has a 17 micron core and connects to both the laser rangefinder and his cell phone.
    The laser feeds its info into the thermal with one button push and he has tried it at known distances out to 400yds and sez it is right on. It will input your drops into the thermal and adjust the crosshairs/dot to compensate. It is an invisible laser that works both day and night.
    He has it mounted on a 11.5" 5.56 now but waiting on a 16" 300BLK to put it on.
    His application will be both night and day coyotes over bait and called. His rural property has several 300yd shooting lanes that he baits with beaver carcasses and meat scraps. He has a dedicated table ( shooting bench) in his dining room with a window on a remote controlled motor that slides open extremely quietly.
    He only has about 12 hours behind this unit but sez it performs as advertised. I have been trying to get him into thermal for about 6 years now. And FINALLY . . . !! --- SAWMAN
    6842.jpeg

T140

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bet that rascal is loud inside the house, brass catcher is a nice touch.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yes it is extremely loud. He actually has a set of modified ear muffs that he puts on his dog (shepherd) and his wife runs to a back bed room.
    Over the years his brass has dinged up the wood paneled wall so his wife told him that he WOULD get a brass catcher. --- SAWMAN

T140

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wondering if there was a wife to contend with.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe that my cousin has the same one or similar. Uses it on all his firearms and Even has his crossbow set into it for places that want him to hunt hogs at night but won’t let him use a firearm. He said it’s dead on with his cross bow out to 50 yards.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Looked at the ATN for nightvison, too many buttons. Software downloads etc. Went with the sightmark photon xt. Push on button, shoot. Doesn't matter in crappy alabama where nv and thermal is a big no-no. Sucks.

Top Bottom