• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's funny the scams and emails you get. I have not ordered anything from Brownells in forever. I get an email about this order and it going to a local address. Anyone know this guy?

I even logged into my account non of the numbers match. I have no cc on file. Lesson here don't have these companies save CC info. Not worth the hassle.

email generated from Orderdesk@brownells.com via peopleanswers.com and it's funny it's going to a local address.

JONATHAN FRENCH 8244 LODE STAR AVE PENSACOLA FL 32514-7469

Invoiced attached that was emailed to me.

0vjRpXD.jpg

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Has there been a hit on your credit card or did he just use your account? I'd at least call the law. I'm sure he's broken some type of legal agreement. Something as simple as this could be an interstate crime with bigger implications.
    Ill share his name on different platforms. I don't mind running a thief through the mud.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Has there been a hit on your credit card or did he just use your account? I'd at least call the law. I'm sure he's broken some type of legal agreement. Something as simple as this could be an interstate crime with bigger implications.
    Ill share his name on different platforms. I don't mind running a thief through the mud.
    No hit on the CC or anything as of yet.

Yea I'm keeping an eye on everything. I will call Brownells Monday morning and see if they even know about anything. I don't think they would be about to get into my account online. My P/W's are way too complex. It's either a spoof email or spam or who knows what. LOL

Even the order numbers don't match the way they do them. I just find it funny the ship to address to too close to home. I can get this guys info and call him. LOL

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I get spammed by Amazon and PayPal regularly. Both I only use on occasion. The first time I got an Amazon email spam I called the real Amazon. After spending 30 minutes on hold they told me it was "probably" spam. Probably? You can't tell me for sure? WTF. Now I just delete those emails. I'd like to wring that little Nigerians neck. That 30 minutes I spent on hold is time I'll never get back.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yea I tried to call Brownells today after it said I was gonna be on hold for 30 min. I hung up.

I did email them and said if you can't secure my account then close it. I don't plan on ordering anything from them anyways.

Usually Spam emails don't have an invoice attached with specific addresses on them. So I find this one very strange.

Still no CC charge as of yet, but I don't leave CC info on shopping sites so don't know how that would happen anyway.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom