• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    in my entire Marine Corps career i only saw a broken shell extractor issued for the M2 50 cal. i dont recall any others and have no experience with one or a situation where i have needed one. my question is this: do you keep a broken shell extractor for your weapons and why? is it because you shoot reloaded brass?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    in my entire Marine Corps career i only saw a broken shell extractor issued for the M2 50 cal. i dont recall any others and have no experience with one or a situation where i have needed one. my question is this: do you keep a broken shell extractor for your weapons and why? is it because you shoot reloaded brass?
    Inside of every case I have a cleaning kit and a shell extractor that matches the rifle. Guess it's a belt and suspenders thing from back in the day when the Wizz Kids wanted US to use plastic fantastics instead of Battle Rifles. Add one to your Drag Bag! If you never need it that's best, but it don't weigh enough to not have one with you should it be required. Lots of kids armed with the original M-16 ain't here to explain how important a broken shell extractor might be. YMMV. JMHO.

Top Bottom