• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chud

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need to bust the bead on a rear tractor tire. Does anyone have a decent sized bead breaker I can rent/borrow?
    I know the best bet is to call a pro, or at least deliver the wheel to the pro, but...Im pretty hardheaded and have the rest of the tools to do what I need.

Location of the offending flat tire is Milton, but I am in far west P'cola most of the time.

chud

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, thats another option I will use if I have to, but I'd like to leave it attached to the tractor so I can better use leverage to roll the bead over after I break it loose.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, thats another option I will use if I have to, but I'd like to leave it attached to the tractor so I can better use leverage to roll the bead over after I break it loose.
    After I broke the bead with a board and a truck, I used crowbars for a kubota 2350 that is a 1 ton compact tractor.

chud

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, much to my surprise, when I showed up Saturday AM ready to do battle, the outside bead was already loose. Admittedly, I had prayed a little, but didnt expect quite such a clear answer.
    I used my tire spoons and had the bead up and over in a few minutes, and slid a bit of the tube out to expose the hole. Found it, scuffed it up, glued and patched. The whole thing was stupid easy. Got it back together, and aired it up...I knew it was leaking before I got it to 20 psi...
    I gave up for the day, did a quick search online for a new tube and ordered it, and got to work on other things, thinking I would just field strip it again once the new tube came in.
    Next morning, I thought what the heck, another beautiful day, no way I want to waste it looking at a gimpy tractor...let me see what I can figure out.
    Stripped the tire off again, the bead was still slick from yesterday so didnt give me much trouble.
    I was aiming to completely pull the tube and go over it with a fine tooth comb.
    What I discovered was...the last time the tire was tubed, they cut the last tube and used it as a sleeve for the new tube. Great Idea!
    But, I didnt know that the day before...I had just pulled out the section with the hole, but had patched the stupid sleeve tube, never even saw the inner-inner tube.
    And I had pinched another hole in it removing it less carefully the last time.

Anyway, got it patched, (thankfully I'd bought the 10 pack of patches) put it back in and seems to be holding. So alls well that ends well. I swear I wouldnt believe some of the dumb stuff I do if somebody else told me.

Top Bottom