• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratio411

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So, being someone that would rather stay out of trouble, I did the free tax stamp on my braced pistols and they are all now SBRs I suppose.

I have 5, and I know there is an injunction against the ATF at the moment, and braced pistols are starting to show up in the new and used markets again.

Does anyone know if I can just liquidate a braced pistol like the good old days, or now that mine are registered, do I have to operate under different rules? Do I need to sell as NFA? Do I need to notify the ATF that I am taking the brace off and selling as non-NFA? Or just let it go while it’s “legal”?

Thoughts?

Dave
    PFA

Attachments

• IMG_2660.jpeg
      IMG_2660.jpeg
      894.4 KB · Views: 43

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You can sell as NFA. You can remove and destroy the brace and notify ATF it’s no longer a SBR and then sell as a pistol. Personally, I’d enjoy them for the time being and wait until the outcome has been finalized. It’s still in the courts.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Now that they are registered can you put a real stock on them? Or is it brace only cause it was free?

If you can I would put a real stock on and enjoy at least until the rulings are complete. Then decide if you want to destroy the stocks and sell as pistols

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Now that they are registered can you put a real stock on them? Or is it brace only cause it was free?

If you can I would put a real stock on and enjoy at least until the rulings are complete. Then decide if you want to destroy the stocks and sell as pistols
    Yes you can put a real stock on them now that they are NFA registered. I put real stocks on a couple of mine.

ratio411

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yeah, they are definitely classified as SBRs on all the paperwork. I’d love to put wood stocks on the AKs anyway, but it doesn’t appear to be easy to do. The ARs would be easy enough.

cjackson31

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, being someone that would rather stay out of trouble, I did the free tax stamp on my braced pistols and they are all now SBRs I suppose.

I have 5, and I know there is an injunction against the ATF at the moment, and braced pistols are starting to show up in the new and used markets again.

Does anyone know if I can just liquidate a braced pistol like the good old days, or now that mine are registered, do I have to operate under different rules? Do I need to sell as NFA? Do I need to notify the ATF that I am taking the brace off and selling as non-NFA? Or just let it go while it’s “legal”?

Thoughts?

Dave
    PFA
    If you opt to sell and do not want to deal with NFA restrictions you can contact the ATF and have them removed from the registry. Once removed from registry (stocks obviously have to go before that occurs) you can sell as normal pistols.

Top Bottom