Target Sports

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've seen some other threads elsewhere and even some of the videos list this as a pistol brace ban. It was my interpretation that it just turns all braces into stocks and that anything was legal on 16" plus barrels.
    Screenshot_20230125-083712.png

The way some of it reads is a 100% ban of braces, not even allowed on rifles.
    Opinions?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've seen some other threads elsewhere and even some of the videos list this as a pistol brace ban. It was my interpretation that it just turns all braces into stocks and that anything was legal on 16" plus barrels. View attachment 206669
    Opinions?
    $hit. We're all perpetrators!!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I've seen some other threads elsewhere and even some of the videos list this as a pistol brace ban. It was my interpretation that it just turns all braces into stocks and that anything was legal on 16" plus barrels. View attachment 206669
    Opinions?
    I think from what I've heard yes you're correct. But there's some language in there that seems to indicate they are looking at sales records somehow also. Seems like if your gun shipped with no brace or stock from factory you're ok. But if it shipped with a brace that is a no-no. Now it lives life as an illegal SBR. No matter if ya take it off or not. I'm waiting to see what the final word is on all that jazz

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I'll hang tight and wait until this plays out in court. The EPA just got slapped for pulling the same shit. A federal judge confired only congress can make laws, I see this falling by the wayside!!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I think from what I've heard yes you're correct. But there's some language in there that seems to indicate they are looking at sales records somehow also. Seems like if your gun shipped with no brace or stock from factory you're ok. But if it shipped with a brace that is a no-no. Now it lives life as an illegal SBR. No matter if ya take it off or not. I'm waiting to see what the final word is on all that jazz
    I just want to clarify. Having a brace on my 20" barrel ar15 makes me a felon?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Maybe. Not sure tbh. I've heard both ways so far. Sounds plenty legal to me so long as the brace themselves aren't also contraband now. But technically speaking if you remove the strap and put it on a gun, I'd say thats now technically no longer a brace and is now a stock. That's how they treated it before when straps was removed. I think it's silly to think they would outlaw in on rifles also. But they don't make sense on anything they do tho lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    It all actually is making my head hurt lol. Here you can see a lawyer calling other lawyers stupid about it all. Both seem to make sense tho lol.
    Is it too hard for them to put the ATF lawyer on a video and explain it themselves? They always leave the crap vague on purpose

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Here's another new tidbit I just came across. Seems like they're sneaking in changes to the overall NFA too ahead of this. This if true has huge implications on whether people will want to even bother registering. Plus those who currently own NFA items, and those who rent them even

Top Bottom