HD Tactical

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The amnesty is the lure. The photo is the trap. They get you to register using the lure of free tax stamp. They use photo against you with 4999 checklist. They say, "This doesn't qualify for amnesty. Too many points. That will be $200 please, or surrender the weapon."

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There has been more than one amnesty starting in 1968 (2 that I know of). There is no provision in Federal law to enable inspections of individually owned NFA registered firearms without the owner’s permission. Relatively easy to remove a SBR from the registry if you want to sell it as non-NFA. NFA firearms can transfer to heirs without paying tax, establishing a trust, and going through a dealer (Executor of the estate signs the form to initiate the transfer process). Of course a trust would work also.

In my 50 years of NFA firearms ownership, ATF has contacted me 3 times, 2 of which were via letters.

1) They had an error in the registry (their fault) and asked for a photo of a serial number to make a correction In their records.

2) Asked where was I keeping/leaving a couple of MG’s when I moved from Indiana to NC as I’d only said 1 MG was going with me. In a bank vault. Bank folks were cool after they knew me, with me carrying a MG into their facility.

3) I was called to the Provost Marshall office at Camp Lejeune NC to talk to an ATF agent 2 days after I arrived at my new command. Agent: I was notified you brought a Thompson submachine gun with you. I’m investigating ammo thefts from the Marine Corps base. If you are ever offered stolen ammo, here’s my card and please call me.

I was never offered stolen ammo. I was provided a can of 45 ball ammo to shoot at the rifle range if I let a couple of Marine instructors there each shoot a mag full in the TSMG. Good times. Kept my TSMG in the 2nd Medical Battalion armory. Skipper made me an “alternate armorer”, so I had complete armory access and could take in and issue weapons if the Marine armorers were not available. Except for formal inspections, I carried my WWII S&W Navy Victory Model 38. Got a couple of boxes of M41 ball ammo from Special Services to be kept in the armory for my pistol. Could keep personal firearms in the barracks if I was gonna go shooting on the weekend or holiday. Although a medical battalion, the skipper had all personnel, Marines and Navy, carry a firearm in the field so they’d be used to carrying. Also had to check out your firearm every two weeks to field strip and clean. I was a Navy Corpsman. I understand from talking to Marine officers at Whiting Field that what I did with the Marines back in the 1970’s would not be allowed today…heck, I had credibility.
    The ATF of the 1970's is NOT the same BATFE of today ... !!! Make no mistake about it!
    If you have any questions about this, simply watch the recorded confirmation hearings that took place for new directors ... AND pay attention to what has happend with other DOJ agencies like the FBI in their dealings with a former POTUS (raid on Mar-a-lago). Very different world!

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    This explains my current thoughts exactly on the subject…

He’s on it. Also when they use Legalese to entrap people with language they don’t comprehend, nothing good can come from it but trouble for gun owners. Thats why they tell you to read the fine print. For example…Take a magnifying glass or zoom in on your phone camera to the signature line on your checks. You will see how easy it is in contracts to ruin someone.

Attachments

• E250CAB7-A84A-4DC7-A327-31CB5F22D230.jpeg
      E250CAB7-A84A-4DC7-A327-31CB5F22D230.jpeg
      79.6 KB · Views: 63
    • AE3BAC02-E7C2-4DEA-AA34-E1C65D3EFB71.jpeg
      AE3BAC02-E7C2-4DEA-AA34-E1C65D3EFB71.jpeg
      69.8 KB · Views: 60
    • 193B277D-ECC5-44C3-9F37-E6727A0CBEF8.jpeg
      193B277D-ECC5-44C3-9F37-E6727A0CBEF8.jpeg
      89.7 KB · Views: 58
    • EC204ECD-7D90-481F-9237-87A528CCF9C1.jpeg
      EC204ECD-7D90-481F-9237-87A528CCF9C1.jpeg
      239.5 KB · Views: 60

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'm reading these free SBR posts. The way I interpret it is that the amnesty is for pistol brace equipped weapons only. Why they are going to require a picture. If you put a stock on an amnesty weapon, you're going to be a felon. The government is going to want their 200 bucks for that stock.

The way I read it the amnesty is to SBR a pistol that does not meet the new point system (90% of pistols).

If your pistol is under the points then you can have a brace and not be an sbr.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The amnesty is the lure. The photo is the trap. They get you to register using the lure of free tax stamp. They use photo against you with 4999 checklist. They say, "This doesn't qualify for amnesty. Too many points. That will be $200 please, or surrender the weapon."

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Those are the only ones to register.

If it is under the point score then it is a pistol and it does not need to be an NFA item.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah I'd love to see a few photographic examples of what passes thier new point system

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So lets say a person owned an extar exp 5.56 with a brace. It weighs 2.98 lbs. Doesnt even meet the weight criteria in section 1 of form 4999. Asks alot about brace features. Seems if you take the brace off of an ar 15 pistol and dispose of it, problem solved.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Better hope whatever scale your weighing with is accurate too. 0.01oz over weight? 15.99” barrel? Goodbye doggo.

Top Bottom