• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice collection! Is the very first rifle a BSW? The Canadians straight pull Rosses?
    I will have to remember what all was there that day.. That was a MOD W, 625B BSW Suhl. So it is a BSW.. But that darn 625 training rifle line has more variations then a monkey has ticks.

Those are Ross 22 straight pulls. One is commercial variation and the other is a trainer. (Blows one away, considering this was not the most popular trainer, that there are variations on these.) Also the action does not function as slick as the straight pull Ross rifle.

Perhaps one of the greatest reviews of the Ross rifle and its trainer.

Last edited:

oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the link. Your last rifle is a Boys that’s not a boys, yes? .55 caliber or has it been rebarreled to .50 Browning?

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the link. Your last rifle is a Boys that’s not a boys, yes? .55 caliber
    It was originally in 55 caliber but this version was expertly converted to 50 BMG.. That one went over to Finland to fight the Russians when Finland was briefly an ally of England. That's why it has the original muzzle recoil device. Lots that remained in the west were converted to the Canadian muzzle brake style.

1647120006488.png

An awesome Disney training film was made for these.

I do not know what to say to you. Boys will be boys :)

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do not know a lot of FACTS about this firearm but I'll tell you what I think. I think it is the same as a 1905 Winchester designed by John Browning as this is about the same time that John Browning starts his association with FN. But I could be totally off here most of the single shots of that era Are similar. They are not extremely rare and generally sell for around $300 in good condition. I picked this one up at an estate sale some twenty years ago.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the boys rifles that my grand boys actually like the second rifle is Anschutz woodchucker an extremely good rifle. And yes that is a Marlin Model 60 that I trim down. The top rifle and the bottom are chipmunks
    20220312_182816.jpg

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do not know a lot of FACTS about this firearm but I'll tell you what I think. I think it is the same as a 1905 Winchester designed by John Browning as this is about the same time that John Browning starts his association with FN. But I could be totally off here most of the single shots of that era Are similar. They are not extremely rare and generally sell for around $300 in good condition. I picked this one up at an estate sale some twenty years ago.

Nice it does give a nice come hither look.. and what you say makes sense. It does look to be a 1905 Winchester.. Thanks this will be fun to run this down alittle.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the photo it show the caliber as 9mm (I am guessing) flobert. But it is not the best written. But I love that extractor. It seem so overkill..

Per the rifle you have can you show a photo of the side of your rifle to what ammo your takes. ??

The one in the link picture is FL 22 L.. Which could mean 22 flobert long.??

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's the way mine is marked also, it will chamber and Fire shorts Longs and long rifles but it will only shoot very low velocity rounds accurately. It appears to have a very slow twist to the rifling. Lightweight and low velocity rounds are quite accurate at 25 yards. heavy rounds at high velocity are awful sometime even keyholing

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just reading some old literature and from what I gathered from it the old Flobert 22 round was about like the CB cap. I'll have to find some and try them

hollywood

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nice I just posted trying to get advise on selling this 1950's Remington Model 33 .22
    That's a nice collection. I'm not much into collecting so I'm seeing about getting rid of it.

Attachments

• rem1.jpg
      rem1.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 35
    • rem2.jpg
      rem2.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 35
    • rem5.jpg
      rem5.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 30
    • rem6.jpg
      rem6.jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 35

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just reading some old literature and from what I gathered from it the old Flobert 22 round was about like the CB cap. I'll have to find
    some and try them

Many thanks for sharing all those in-depth shooting details. And it makes sense. So many of those European boys rifles were meant to shoot the Flobert rounds. Many of the rifles are not marked with a tinkers damn to tell you this.

You can get some new 6mm Flobert on gunbroker

But they kill you with shipping because of how they have to ship it.. Ever so often someone will sell vintage ammo and just drop it in the box and ship it in the mail. Which I guess that is against the post office rules. But it can save a bunch on shiipping if someone will do this.

But I would like to put forth a good alternative.

1647218523390.png

They are powderless like a 6mm Flobert and are about the same velocity. You can get them in about the 8 dollar a box range.

Also shooting 22 LR in those Flobert guns can mess up your gun and be a pain to extract the spent brass.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice I just posted trying to get advise on selling this 1950's Remington Model 33 .22
    That's a nice collection. I'm not much into collecting so I'm seeing about getting rid of it.
    Looking at closed gunbroker auctions will give you an idea of what they are selling for.

Top Bottom