• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sons Of Liberty Gunworks, BCM, or even an Aero/Ballistic Advantage. All these run between $120-$150 and sometimes less on some websites from time to time. Less than a hundo it's kind of a wash, Expo Arms maybe or Aimsurplus seems to have a decent product but most are the same manufacturer just different logo. Hope that helps. I did a write awhile back about a couple different BCGs. I'll look it up in a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Old thread but still relevant, I've had a few more BCGs since then. Haha

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see aimsplus has one for $99 I had my eye on. I know some you just paying for a name.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I run Toolcraft, Aero, and BCM in most of my builds. I generally just find the cheapest one available out of those three in a NiB finish when I need to buy one. I've never had issues with firing pins, extractors, or ejectors from those three. Toolcraft and Aero will be your cheaper ones. Toolcraft has an awesome warranty as well.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Toolcraft, they make bcg for a lot of people also, like the guy above said great warranty, unlike vortex scopes you won't need it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do bolt carriers fail? What goes run with them?
    Edit
    I just went on the net and found out that they do not fail. This is assuming the carrier works and that the gas key and such are right.
    It seems to be the bolt, extractor, and such that fail. If you pay more you can get a better finish it seems.

Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    How do bolt carriers fail? What goes run with them?
    Edit
    I just went on the net and found out that they do not fail. This is assuming the carrier works and that the gas key and such are right.
    It seems to be the bolt, extractor, and such that fail. If you pay more you can get a better finish it seems.
    I've had issues with cheaper ones that use sub par extractors, ejectors, and firing pins. Had one that I'm assuming the pin didn't get hardened and it flattened out instead of having a point after 100 or so rounds. Had to send it back to primary arms. I've also had extractors that aren't in spec and won't hold a round. I had bolts that were drilled improperly that didn't let the extractor work at all. You get what you pay for. Budget wise though, toolcraft is probably the best bang for your buck.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had issues with cheaper ones that use sub par extractors, ejectors, and firing pins. Had one that I'm assuming the pin didn't get hardened and it flattened out instead of having a point after 100 or so rounds. Had to send it back to primary arms. I've also had extractors that aren't in spec and won't hold a round. I had bolts that were drilled improperly that didn't let the extractor work at all. You get what you pay for. Budget wise though, toolcraft is probably the best bang for your buck.
    The Bolt carrier is a separate item from the bolt, extractor, firing pins. Photo of the bolt carrier that is circled. The rest of the bolt carrier group is not included in the circle, but is in the picture.

Inkedar15quark01_LI.jpg

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Bolt carrier is a separate item from the bolt, extractor, firing pins. Photo of the bolt carrier that is circled. The rest of the bolt carrier group is not included in the circle, but is in the picture.

View attachment 84770
    I gotcha. OP was inquiring about BCGs though. That's what I thought you were referring to.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've heard lots of recommendation for the toolcraft.
    Is the nickel boron psa the toolcraft made piece? For a budget one I see lots of talk and they are usually on sale(if you can find it in stock lol)

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've heard lots of recommendation for the toolcraft.
    Is the nickel boron psa the toolcraft made piece? For a budget one I see lots of talk and they are usually on sale(if you can find it in stock lol)
    I would assume that it is since PSA isn't gonna be the ones making it and a lot of their stuff is restamped toolcraft. If it's a NiB BCG, then it's usually of higher quality anyways. I'd order a toolcraft specifically though just for their warranty if it were me. I'm unsure of PSAs warranty.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Im shop around prices are up a little since this virus. But im keep my eye open.
    What's your budget , caliber, and finish you're looking for? I see them quite often. I can send you a link if I find one that's within your peramiters. Just keep in mind most online dealers have a backlog on shipping so it could take some time to receive what you're looking for once it's ordered.

Top Bottom