Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Black Friday

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

bpreston

Reaction score
Geissele has some great Black Friday deals for anyone waiting on triggers and charging handles.

Charging handles $49

Triggers from $156

The also have colt uppers and BCG.

Handguards are marked down as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stage20

Reaction score
What makes the more expensive charging handles worth the purchase? I know better materials cost more, but what advantage do they give?

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
What makes the more expensive charging handles worth the purchase? I know better materials cost more, but what advantage do they give?
These are full ambi, very ergonomic, with a much stronger latch design, and has a shelf that helps divert blow-back gas from going in your face. Similar design to the Radian Raptor, which is also of good quality.

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Murfpcola

Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket charging handles have extended latches that are easy to grab and you can charge them from one side as opposed to using a finger on each side how the gun was designed. Charging from one side tends to put more torque on the CH so that is where the better materials can come into that play. The extended latches are also nice on scoped ARs.

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Something else I've noticed is the handles scuff the tops of some uppers. I've got two that are scuffed up. One is a quality 9mm and one is a slick sided upper. Charging handles are *uck stick - the real name, and the other is an aero both are single latch left side. Shoots fine. Just scuffing up the upper.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I used to hate them single side handles. I put the Badger extensions on mine but it would increase the side load even more.
I love my side charge guns but the non side charge guns all have the double swivel ears. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
I used to hate them single side handles. I put the Badger extensions on mine but it would increase the side load even more.
I love my side charge guns but the non side charge guns all have the double swivel ears. --- SAWMAN
Never had one, side charger but would probably like it better. I shoot left, but am used to having the charging handle zinging in my face. Another example of things that should be cheaper but arnt.

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Reaction score
a bent charging handle put you out of the game. I have received a couple uppers from PSA that had bent handles (cheap) and 1 would not even move the other was real tight.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a lower from Geissele, a LPK w/trigger and grip from ALG, and a SBA3 brace from Brownells.

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

3rd Coast

Members online