• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    HARRIS !!! Choice ?? Get a used Harris or a new Shit Brothers and Sons brand ....... hmmmmm ? ..... HARRIS !! ---- SAWMAN

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got a Harris that's made a few trips to the desert from a buddy for the price of assembling a lower for him. Came with a LaRue piccatany adapter too! It's a 9-13 non tilt model but it works great for me!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    CS ---> 6-9 if used on a bench ... otherwise 9-13. Make sure to get the swiveling mod and add the Pod-Loc. A true investment,however,you will have it the rest of your life.

A year or so I sold 4 of them. My older ones plus the ones that I came across that were a too good of deal to pass up. I still have three. Two are the older models. And I mean OLDER. One is 25 years old and the other is almost 30 years old. I have a "newer" model of the swiveling ones set up as above that is 10 years old.

You will never be sorry with a Harris. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO,even set to the lowest position,the 9-12 is too high to use from the bench if you have the "proper" shooting technique.

For me,the 6-9 is good if set almost all the way up. IIRC,the heights are measured from the ground to the small pads on top the forearm support. On my older 9-13 the lowest height is 8 inches.

Remember,take into consideration the total height from the ground to your eye. If you have an overly large forearm on your weapon,or the scope is mounted unusually high(like most AR style guns are),the overall distance will be higher.

CS ----> if you found a "S" model in reasonably good condition for $75. ......... buy it. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom