HD Tactical

BIPOD shooting sticks... Anyone ever used these?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://youtu.be/UNLzYIA3l4k
    Came across this video this morning when searching for some sticks to use from a blind in Kansas next month.
    They seem like a pretty versatile product. I had never seen this brand before. Anyone ever use them, or know someone who has? I like that they are removable for when I sit in a tree on a creek bottom. But I can use them when I hunt open areas with possible 400+ yard shots.
    If anyone has another recommendation for a good option to use in the above situations, I'm open to suggestions.
    Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good morn. Sir yes I have heard of people using shooting sticks with great results. I might add that I have made several shooting sticks for shooting from a blind from of all things, camera bipods, I install a half round piece of pvc lined with rubber on the flat top of tripod, they collapse an fold to make easy carry, very sturdy once set up an, adjustable, just a thought???/Denny in pace

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If like to hear more about what you've made. I'm fairly cheap by nature, and I like doing stuff myself... So if I can make a set of sticks instead of spending money, I'm all for it.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes , you could make shooting sticks as stated they would be good for walking an you could also make them shorter for shooting blind use. I bought a camera tripod at a mission for 3dollars, simply installed a short piece of pvc, I think its 2-inch, dia. an 4-inch long, cut it in half length ways, bored a hole in the middle an mounted it with a bolt to the top of camera tripod, I already had some sheet 3/4 inch thick black rubber insulation, glued that to the inside of the pvc half pipe. It works good in a blind looking on a green field where long shots might be made. You can adjust height to suit your preference. There are a lot of things you can use to make better shots!!!!Hope this might give you some ideas!!!!!Denny in pace

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is about a month late, but I shooting sticks are great. I didn't get exposed to them until I was sent up here to Alaska. If you have sticks that will fold or collapse to fit your pack are aweome...
    It does take a little practice to get steady with them...but now I can even shoot from hiking and sking poles.

I don't know about the contraption that guy has in the video. It looks cool and he demostrates it well, but only personal experience will tell.

Top Bottom