• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tridentrider

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    To all who may have Big Game tree stands. I have two that I brought in due to timber clearing and good thing, as I found that the front Bar that goes under the seat rusted clean through! I noticed it was sloped but being a man hunted out of it.
    I was undoing all bolts and greasing them up and replacing several but When I found both bars failed and had a vision of what if me and a grandson would of attempted using it as a two man stand, Not a good thought.
    I emailed Big Game two times each time gave them their 3-5 day turnaround time so I called today to be to by a GSM tech (BIG Game was bought out by GSM recently). the tech told me muliple times to go on the site and see if they have the parts you need in accessories. I replied I heard you but did you hear me? I'm telling you this is a major faulty safety point and a safety recall should take place, are you telling me you are not going to address the issue and possibly save a life/s? He replied "you might find the parts you need in our accessorie section".
    I will no longer purchase Big Game/ GSM products or anything from American hunter as I had steel metal feeder (with feet on it,on level dry ground collapse onto my truck and they failed to admit that they need to have welded angle support where bar connects to the barrel. Feeder fell like a wet noodle with 250lb of corn in the barrel of which I could NOT catch on way down. Look at the picks and see the way they are kinked in middle to get their bend but NO angle flat bar for support.
    Guess dont matter until an illegal hits the ground or gets crushed.

Attachments

• American Hunter  barrel bars.jpg
      American Hunter barrel bars.jpg
      17.9 KB · Views: 64
    • Wild Game -GSM Seat bar 1.jpg
      Wild Game -GSM Seat bar 1.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 62

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oh wow!

How long were they out in the elements?

Tridentrider

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The American Barrel was 1.5-2 years old. I welded flat steel to the bars at the bend point and hope others do same. Pisses me off when a big business wont listen and correct a flaw.
    The Big Game/ GSM Trees stands are a few years older but if you look at their thin walled Hollow steel tube bars they drilled directly in center, removing the powder coating they createda fail spot to happen. And it did. The other bar would brobably break upcoming Season.

I'll be going to Halls Hardware in hopes for replacement bars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom