• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whittaker0180

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny you should ask***"""
    FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN CLEARING BRUSH BY HAND. ARTESIAN WELL HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SO THE CREEK BED IS OVER GROWN AND I DECITED TO CLEAR IT TO BUILD A FIVE ACKER POND. RATTLE SNAKES LOVE THAT COOL WATER AND SHADE SHORT STORY I HAVE KILLED 14 RATTLERS 38 SHOT SHELLS 158 PELLETS OF NUMBER 9 SHOT OUT OF A 2 INCH BARREL AIN'T GOING TO WORK CHECK YOUR PATTERN AT 10 FEET ONE OR TWO PELLETS IN A RATTLERS HEAD PISSES HIM OFF A 6 INCH BLACKHAWK WORKED GOOD FOR ME .BUT I ENDED UP BUYING THE BEST SNAKE GUN OUT STAINLESS 3 INCH CHAMBER JUDGE WITH 3 INCH BARREL NUMBER 6 SHOT WORKS GREAT...
    SIDE NOTE IF YOU CATCH THEM ALIVE LOCAL TAXIDERMY BUYS THEM FOR $10.A FOOT FOR.THE LARGER ONES THEY MAKE FINE HAT BANDS.
    DON'T FORGET SNAKE BITE KIT.
    I shoot them with my Staccato with Critical Duty 135gr +P just like John Wick would have..."Yeahh."

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    "Best"? What ever you shoot well. I shot the head off a copperhead with a Ruger Blackhawk 357, I've shot several heads off timber rattlers in my yard with my pocket derringer in 357. A shovel works pretty good too, but remember if you leave a couple inches of neck they can still move enough to bite!

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN CLEARING BRUSH BY HAND. ARTESIAN WELL HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SO THE CREEK BED IS OVER GROWN AND I DECITED TO CLEAR IT TO BUILD A FIVE ACKER POND. RATTLE SNAKES LOVE THAT COOL WATER AND SHADE SHORT STORY I HAVE KILLED 14 RATTLERS 38 SHOT SHELLS 158 PELLETS OF NUMBER 9 SHOT OUT OF A 2 INCH BARREL AIN'T GOING TO WORK CHECK YOUR PATTERN AT 10 FEET ONE OR TWO PELLETS IN A RATTLERS HEAD PISSES HIM OFF A 6 INCH BLACKHAWK WORKED GOOD FOR ME .BUT I ENDED UP BUYING THE BEST SNAKE GUN OUT STAINLESS 3 INCH CHAMBER JUDGE WITH 3 INCH BARREL NUMBER 6 SHOT WORKS GREAT...
    SIDE NOTE IF YOU CATCH THEM ALIVE LOCAL TAXIDERMY BUYS THEM FOR $10.A FOOT FOR.THE LARGER ONES THEY MAKE FINE HAT BANDS.
    Save some caps lock for the rest of us brother. But yes, I carry a 4 inch Judge in .410 for that very reason.

Pierre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also grreat on the grill...What can I say claim Louisiana world's greatest third world nation.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I forgot to add this snake killer to the conversation, it’s killed many serpents. I bought it probably 25 yrs ago when I used to float down the rivers a lot. It’s a Rexio, thinking it’s a 9-1/2” barrel. Got way too many guns, but it’s a good addiction.

Attachments

• IMG_9342.jpeg
      IMG_9342.jpeg
      490 KB · Views: 34
    • IMG_9341.jpeg
      IMG_9341.jpeg
      469.4 KB · Views: 32
    • IMG_9340.jpeg
      IMG_9340.jpeg
      488.6 KB · Views: 42

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I went to a local gun show one time and bought a single barrel 20 gauge for $40 and brought it home and cut and carved the stock down to a pistol grip, then cut the barrel down to 18-1/2” , I carried it several years in my canoe on float trips. I made a water proof, floating container for it out of 4” pvc pipe in case I turned the canoe over, glued a cap on one end of the 4” and put a threaded cap on the opposite end. I gave it to my son-in-law about 8 years ago, don’t have any pics of it. It killed several snakes while in my possession.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I forgot to add this snake killer to the conversation, it’s killed many serpents. I bought it probably 25 yrs ago when I used to float down the rivers a lot. It’s a Rexio, thinking it’s a 9-1/2” barrel. Got way too many guns, but it’s a good addiction.
    I have a single shot rossi like that.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had one similar, a Super Comanche. It patterned #6 birdshot surprisingly well, up to 15 yards. I often brought it squirrel hunting, but never actually killed anything with it. For how little it cost, I should have kept it.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The Rexio that I’ve got was the predecessor to the Comanche, think I paid about $119 (new) for it at a hardware store

Reactions: sj1

Latest posts

Top Bottom