• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NAA 22WMR
    No body's said it yet so I'll throw my snake slayer in the ring. Best snake gun is the one in your pocket when you see it. This little guy lives on my tractor or lawn mower or pocket when I'm walking the property. 2 CCI shot shells and 3 regular CCIs loaded and desantis holster holds 8 more. I keep 3 more shot and 5 regular in it. Maybe I'm just a lucky shot but I've hit more then a dozen snakes with this

Attachments

• 20230723_143611.jpg
      20230723_143611.jpg
      487.1 KB · Views: 33
    • 20230723_143648.jpg
      20230723_143648.jpg
      545 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:

TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back in 2002 I killed a water moccasin in the yard of City Hall with a machete in broad daylight at rush hour. Nobody said a word to me. Welcome to the South. People understand around here. There ain't much here thats more hated than poisonous snakes and they are everywhere, not just in the woods.

I'm very fond of my 642A fox with rabies had taken over the dog out

Back in 2002 I killed a water moccasin in the yard of City Hall with a machete in broad daylight at rush hour. Nobody said a word to me. Welcome to the South. People understand around here. There ain't much here thats more hated than poisonous snakes and they are everywhere, not just in the woods.

I'm very fond of my 642
    There was a fox with rabies that took over the high school baseball dugout, sheriff came and saw situation and asked us parents who has a gun lol. Told us it would be easier for us to deal with it and he'll take the shots fired call because if he shoots there's all kinds of paper work............. I love FL lol

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    NAA 22WMR
    No body's said it yet so I'll throw my snake slayer in the ring. Best snake gun is the one in your pocket when you see it. This little guy lives on my tractor or lawn mower or pocket when I'm walking the property. 2 CCI shot shells and 3 regular CCIs loaded and desantis holster holds 8 more. I keep 3 more shot and 5 regular in it. Maybe I'm just a lucky shot but I've hit more then a dozen snakes with this
    I’ve got an NAA Pug 22 mag but never tried it on a snake, I kind of prefer something that will scatter the shot.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There was a fox with rabies that took over the high school baseball dugout, sheriff came and saw situation and asked us parents who has a gun lol. Told us it would be easier for us to deal with it and he'll take the shots fired call because if he shoots there's all kinds of paper work............. I love FL lol
    !
    As opposed to NY state, where most of my family lives. Back in the 90's there was a rabid bobcat that got into an elementary school somehow. Apparently, even law enforcement agencies are restricted from bringing firearms into schools. The local Chief LEO decided it wasn't enough of a threat to shoot it. So, they had to corral it into a cage wearing K9 training gear (Or so I was told.). The kids were locked down in their classrooms for the day. The official story was not only bullet ricochet, but contaminated bodily fluids were deciding factors in not allowing it to be shot. Again, that's the story I was told.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A regular occurrence in my neighborhood. My Taurus 85 with CCI shotshells is always with me. That ladder was only there for a day and a half before I was done with it, and it found a copperhead.

Attachments

• 20210821_173451.jpg
      20210821_173451.jpg
      211.8 KB · Views: 59
    • 20210821_163655.jpg
      20210821_163655.jpg
      503.1 KB · Views: 58
    • 20210821_162723.jpg
      20210821_162723.jpg
      510.6 KB · Views: 60

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For everyday carry around the farm this is my go to gun, Gentlemen if you ever get the opportunity pick one of these up they are easy to carry and very accurate. I have been carrying this one in my Pocket on practically a daily basis for the last 8 to 10 years. It requires very little maintenance and the finish is holding up well.
    View attachment 234009
    The pattern on that snake is awesome. Nice pistol as well

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    NAA 22WMR
    Had one in a belt buckle holster I carried into crawl spaces during work;The entire buckle fell off of my belt and landed hammer end down, peppered my leg.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Had one in a belt buckle holster I carried into crawl spaces during work;The entire buckle fell off of my belt and landed hammer end down, peppered my leg.
    Ouch. Lucky. **** Pro tip, the notches in the cylinder are hammer rests to prevent that. ALWAYS REST THE HAMMER IN THE NOTCH!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Did some testing today using my daily dagger and a 14lb spring. Ejected but Would not pick up the next round. Good pattern though, also knocked holes where the wad flew out. Need a lighter spring. Staggered 115gr and cci shot (9mm). Maybe a 13lb spring? Shot at +4 feet.
    20230724_101912.jpg
    20230724_104245.jpg
    20230724_104751.jpg

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For everyday carry around the farm this is my go to gun, Gentlemen if you ever get the opportunity pick one of these up they are easy to carry and very accurate. I have been carrying this one in my Pocket on practically a daily basis for the last 8 to 10 years. It requires very little maintenance and the finish is holding up well.
    View attachment 234009
    Hi nice pistol
    Why did you shoot an oak snake he will eat his weight in vermin a week! And they are harmless to humans far more scared of you than you are of him.
    Bob

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hi nice pistol
    Why did you shoot an oak snake he will eat his weight in vermin a week! And they are harmless to humans far more scared of you than you are of him.
    Bob
    Beached,
    That ain’t no oak snake, that is a venomous “Copperhead” that needed killing !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom