• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bensmart

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny you should ask***"""
    FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN CLEARING BRUSH BY HAND. ARTESIAN WELL HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SO THE CREEK BED IS OVER GROWN AND I DECITED TO CLEAR IT TO BUILD A FIVE ACKER POND. RATTLE SNAKES LOVE THAT COOL WATER AND SHADE SHORT STORY I HAVE KILLED 14 RATTLERS 38 SHOT SHELLS 158 PELLETS OF NUMBER 9 SHOT OUT OF A 2 INCH BARREL AIN'T GOING TO WORK CHECK YOUR PATTERN AT 10 FEET ONE OR TWO PELLETS IN A RATTLERS HEAD PISSES HIM OFF A 6 INCH BLACKHAWK WORKED GOOD FOR ME .BUT I ENDED UP BUYING THE BEST SNAKE GUN OUT STAINLESS 3 INCH CHAMBER JUDGE WITH 3 INCH BARREL NUMBER 6 SHOT WORKS GREAT...
    SIDE NOTE IF YOU CATCH THEM ALIVE LOCAL TAXIDERMY BUYS THEM FOR $10.A FOOT FOR.THE LARGER ONES THEY MAKE FINE HAT BANDS.
    DON'T FORGET SNAKE BITE KIT.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I shoot ‘em too with a Taurus Judge, have probably killed close to 30 snakes with mine. My wife has a difference of opinion though, she grabs a Ruger Super Blackhawk 7-1/2” barrel 44 magnum , her adrenaline must be out of control when she’s using it on snakes cause I don’t believe she could hold on to it target shooting. She’s killed about 7 or 8 with it.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I traded for a S&W Governor several years ago. I used to dislike those multi purpose guns, but absolutely love that thing. It is only a 2.5” chamber but have never had any problem destroying a cottonmouth, copperhead or rattlesnake with #6 shot. The Hornady triple defense works well on hogs out to about 20 yards as well. I have taken out a few hogs that would walk under my stand with those rounds.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I traded for a S&W Governor several years ago. I used to dislike those multi purpose guns, but absolutely love that thing. It is only a 2.5” chamber but have never had any problem destroying a cottonmouth, copperhead or rattlesnake with #6 shot. The Hornady triple defense works well on hogs out to about 20 yards as well. I have taken out a few hogs that would walk under my stand with those rounds.
    My bride keeps it near the bed loaded with the triple defense. "Sleeping with the Governor ".

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    note to self.....this yankee must not go into the woods ...ever when i move to fla.
    Back in 2002 I killed a water moccasin in the yard of City Hall with a machete in broad daylight at rush hour. Nobody said a word to me. Welcome to the South. People understand around here. There ain't much here thats more hated than poisonous snakes and they are everywhere, not just in the woods.

I'm very fond of my 642

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Back in 2002 I killed a water moccasin in the yard of City Hall with a machete in broad daylight at rush hour. Nobody said a word to me. Welcome to the South. People understand around here. There ain't much here thats more hated than poisonous snakes and they are everywhere, not just in the woods.

I'm very fond of my 642

But you can’t kill the two legged versions, sometimes called politicians.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For everyday carry around the farm this is my go to gun, Gentlemen if you ever get the opportunity pick one of these up they are easy to carry and very accurate. I have been carrying this one in my Pocket on practically a daily basis for the last 8 to 10 years. It requires very little maintenance and the finish is holding up well.
    20230509_140532.jpg

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Can’t believe nobody hasn’t mentioned the Bond Arms derringers yet, I’ve killed several snakes with my 45LC/410 derringer. My Judge has killed so many snakes I’ve actually lost count, then there is the Rossi 410 SnakeCharmer, it’s sent several to snake hell too….

Attachments

• IMG_9328.jpeg
      IMG_9328.jpeg
      468.2 KB · Views: 33
    • IMG_9327.jpeg
      IMG_9327.jpeg
      416.4 KB · Views: 34

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    For everyday carry around the farm this is my go to gun, Gentlemen if you ever get the opportunity pick one of these up they are easy to carry and very accurate. I have been carrying this one in my Pocket on practically a daily basis for the last 8 to 10 years. It requires very little maintenance and the finish is holding up well.
    View attachment 234009
    Id like to have one of those 1911 style 22’s, nice looking gun. I kill a lot of those d@mn copperheads around my neck of the woods

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Henry garden gun for me, I personally have not had the chance but my son has and he swears by it. It’s just a 22 smooth bore with #12 shot weather it be crimp top or blue top, but at 15 feet it’s deadly on a snake’s heads

Attachments

• IMG_4807.jpeg
      IMG_4807.jpeg
      686.9 KB · Views: 61
    • IMG_0427.jpeg
      IMG_0427.jpeg
      328.1 KB · Views: 55
    Top Bottom