• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the 80’s on base housing at Fort Rucker the controls on the thermostats were locked too. I was told they would hang ice cubes near the thermostat or shine a light on it depending on the need.

I wouldn’t allow an outside source to control my electrical use.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Watch some old geezer die in one of those regulated houses during this record heat wave... that company will get sued out of existence, whether or not the dead opted in and whether or not the company had the legal right to limit the temperature relief during a record heat wave. They'll settle for millions of dollars per dead person

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Care to elaborate on this?
    Privacy concerns of my personal data that are collected electronically and remotely, it monitors how I use electricity. Then there are those who claim the built in transmitters give off harmful RF radiation and emit dirty electricity throughout your home. I don't don't have internet or TV in my home neither. Which in the end is all probably moot, as I'm sure any personal information wanted, can be gleaned from our phones. I usually log out of Google, phone still works without it. I logged off fb when Zuck started showing his hand in the last elections.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Privacy concerns of my personal data that are collected electronically and remotely, it monitors how I use electricity. Then there are those who claim the built in transmitters give off harmful RF radiation and emit dirty electricity throughout your home. I don't don't have internet or TV in my home neither. Which in the end is all probably moot, as I'm sure any personal information wanted, can be gleaned from our phones. I usually log out of Google, phone still works without it. I logged off fb when Zuck started showing his hand in the last elections.
    Hmm, aight

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The appliances (non computer/phone) in your house that connect to wifi and the internet will always be your weakest link for security. They will be the easiest way for nefarious people to gain access to your internal systems and cause harm. This article is just one example that people "opted-in", in return for a few hundred bucks, but it can be worse than this. Be careful what you allow in your homes to connect to the internet.

Here are a couple of tips: 1)If you know your wifi password without having to look it up, it is too easy for a computer system to hack. Use one that is random and at least 15 characters long (https://www.avast.com/random-password-generator). 2)If your router has a "guest" wifi, use that for guests and any appliances that use your wifi. It will allow them to use the internet and that is all, it will block them from accessing other devices connected to your wifi and is one less person/device that knows your secure wifi password.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The appliances (non computer/phone) in your house that connect to wifi and the internet will always be your weakest link for security. They will be the easiest way for nefarious people to gain access to your internal systems and cause harm. This article is just one example that people "opted-in", in return for a few hundred bucks, but it can be worse than this. Be careful what you allow in your homes to connect to the internet.

Here are a couple of tips: 1)If you know your wifi password without having to look it up, it is too easy for a computer system to hack. Use one that is random and at least 15 characters long (https://www.avast.com/random-password-generator). 2)If your router has a "guest" wifi, use that for guests and any appliances that use your wifi. It will allow them to use the internet and that is all, it will block them from accessing other devices connected to your wifi and is one less person/device that knows your secure wifi password.
    How about just not have wifi in your house, period?! No wifi capable appliances, no wifi internet. Quit compromising your family's security. Take the "internet of things" and trash it. Take back control of your morals and traditional conservative family values and trash the cable/satellite tv too while you're at it. Read a book. Grow a garden. Play with your family, the dog, go to church when the doors are open 4 times a week. Be a good neighbor. Invest emotions and time in physical people and relationships, not talking heads on TV who couldnt care less about you

Last edited:
    Reactions: ccc

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    How about just not have wifi in your house, period?! No wifi capable appliances, no wifi internet. Quit compromising your family's security. Take the "internet of things" and trash it. Take back control of your morals and traditional conservative family values and trash the cable/satellite tv too while you're at it. Read a book. Grow a garden. Play with your family, the dog, go to church when the doors are open 4 times a week. Be a good neighbor. Invest emotions and time in physical people and relationships, not talking heads on TV who couldnt care less about you
    I have...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    So much worry about oversight... all ya'll carrying a cell phone? It constantly triangulates your exact pos to improve call quality. It gleans key strokes and generates add traffic based on searches and conversations OFF the phone. Alexa, Siri, Google Nest and all the doorbell cameras do it too. Heck, even that satellite navigation in your car or Sirius XM can use GPS to pinpoint you anywhere you go all the time. Technology is a curse and a gift that we as users gave away all privacy right when we hit that first "I accept the terms of use" button... Orwellian don't even start to cover it

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    So much worry about oversight... all ya'll carrying a cell phone? It constantly triangulates your exact pos to improve call quality. It gleans key strokes and generates add traffic based on searches and conversations OFF the phone. Alexa, Siri, Google Nest and all the doorbell cameras do it too. Heck, even that satellite navigation in your car or Sirius XM can use GPS to pinpoint you anywhere you go all the time. Technology is a curse and a gift that we as users gave away all privacy right when we hit that first "I accept the terms of use" button... Orwellian don't even start to cover it
    I can leave me phone outside and have a conversation inside. It's controllable.

Top Bottom