• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bamachem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there anyone somewhat local that can PROPERLY thread a barrel for a suppressor? It's a Marlin Papoose. I want it done correctly, so it must be centric to the bore and will require relocating the front sight.

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the guy's a Jim's Firearms said they could do it. when i mentioned concentricity they seemed to know what i was talking about. i'd love to find someone local so i didn't have to send barrels accross the country and hope for the best. if you find someone you're happy with let us know about it here.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Give Parish at Great Southern Gun Works a call at 251-635-1975 or 251-455-9870. His house/shop is behind the Mobile airport. He only works on rifles part time, but his turnaround time was very quick when I used him.
    http://www.extremerifles.com/Gunsmithing.html

He cut down, threaded and re-crowned a Rem 700 barrel for me about a year ago and did a great job.

2013-03-28_12-39-04_375_zps201e4266.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello my name is Will Fairbanks. My company builds made to order custom firearms. We specialize in Long Range Competition, Tactical and Hunting bolt action Rifles and competition, tactical and defense 1911 pistols.
    Please check out our blog www.fairbanksandfairbanks.net. You will see many high end custom rifles built for big game hunting as well as competition bolt guns. in the next week or so i will have an update featuring our custom 1911 pistols.

all work is done between centers as it is the only correct way to ensure concentricity and accuracy
    our custom built rifles are guaranteed One Half MOA with quality match grade Ammo

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Where is your shop? Are you open on saturdays? And what would an average cost be to thread a stock remington 700 bull barrel to 5/8x24?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Where is your shop? Are you open on saturdays? And what would an average cost be to thread a stock remington 700 bull barrel to 5/8x24?

They told me ~$175 + tax with no refinishing of the bbl or threaded portion (Ruger American) and are booked up with previous work and not taking new work through January 2016. Turn around time would be about 3 weeks. ADCO charges $140, but you have to pay shipping to and from them, so $175 sounded reasonable.

I've now emailed Jim's Firearms to see if they can do it sooner.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Anybody have any barrel threading done with jim's?

I dropped my Ruger American Predator .308 off there today. Was quoted $125 with a 3 week turn around at this time. I'll post my results and a picture when I get the rifle back. Having the bbl shortened and threaded 5/8x24.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Barrel Threading

Talked to a friend of mine at Church , I asked him if he could thread Gun barrels and he said he could and has done it in the past >He has a small Machine Shop in Pensacola called, ACCU-METAL,
    At 3987 N. "W'' Street
    Phone 850-912-4855, His name is Daniel Widmer
    He said he will charge $95.00 per barrel and the turn-around time is 3 to 7 days. He can thread barrels without taking them out of the Reciever. He can also do any kind of Machining work and is very trustworthy and reliable. He has made gun parts for me in the past.

Top Bottom