• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-REX2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anybody know who dies this kind of work in the Pensacola area??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121201_134427.png
      ForumRunner_20121201_134427.png
      95.2 KB · Views: 136

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You might want to check with Rick Rankin at Pensacola Lock and Gun on Garden St. I HIGHLY reccomend him.

Also Frontier Gun Shop just south of the corner of Hwy 29 and W. Roberts. I do not reccomend him but your expieances could differ. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ALSO.....not trying to tell you how to fix up your guns but......the type of ports shown,IMO,are pretty near useless. If what is shown is drilled all the way around the bbl and the muzzle end is left entirely open(the diameter of the bullet),this setup is not an efficient muzzle brake and pretty much useless as a flash hider.

There again...IMO...you should simply have the bbl threaded(I know Rick can do this)and while the gun is there install a brake,hider,or(kinda)both. Find one that you want(Brownell's,Midway USA,etc.)and make sure it is the thread pattern that you want. He will recommend the Vias brake and so would I. Anyway,your business,just giving you another option. Any specifics you are most welcome to PM me. Good Shootin' --- SAWMAN

T-REX2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got this particular gun from the individual with the work already done I was actually a little skeptical of it at first but after shooting it an comparing to the other 2 300wsm I have owned I am hooked there is a significant difference in felt recoil though louder an the accuracy Is great!but the holes do not go all the way around the barrel there is a void in the pattern on the top an bottom! I appriciate your opinion though an will defiantly look into all the options what I am wanting to do is get my 9 year old son into a left handed tikka t3 30.06 that I got him for x-mas he is left handed an this will be his first left handed rifle just think the .06 will be a bit much right now but I know he's gonna be dying to shoot it!

Top Bottom