• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rufus11381

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol my whole family ran screaming like little school girls from the may 3rd 1999 Moore Oklahoma tornado, but we saw a gap we could safely shoot and have been very knowledgeable about storms and specifically how tornadoes behave in central Oklahoma, I watched the funnel cloud pass 27th street first Baptist church of Moore, where it was radar triangulated at 318 mph, I helped clean up ground zero where even the grass and the curbs were ripped up in the neighborhoods, I pulled families out of cellars where the houses foundation was gone and the cellar and stem walls were all that was left

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

rufus11381

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a relatively strong storm front no doubt, keep your head down and the radio on, listen to nws tho because the local meteorologists here know very little about tornadoes, trust your own knowledge if you've lived here long enough, you know what the weather trends are

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The tornado that went through Century was later classified as EF-3 based on the damage, that is a very strong tornado for this area and they say the low pressure system coming through tonight is stronger than the low pressure that spawned the Century tornado. Whatever you see now is probably not what you need to be worried about, it's the storms that will hit us after dark as the low lifts and deepens as it heads NE. Maybe we'll get lucky and the severe potential won't come together but it pays to be prepared if it does.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Check out the individual red cell Southeast of New Orleans, those individual storms like that are the ones that have the potential to spin up tornados.

Attachments

• 2-23-16 Radar.jpg
      2-23-16 Radar.jpg
      183.6 KB · Views: 157

rufus11381

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes Viking there's possibly a water spout at the southwest corner of that cell, notice the beginnings of a hook, and that particular cell looks very tight and organized, but those usually weaken significantly when they hit the beach, honestly I think the century twister got bumped up because of the poor building quality in that area but meh, call it what you will it's still made worse by people not knowing how to live with these storms like we do in Oklahoma, north Texas, and Kansas

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I hear you, it's a whole different story in areas like Oklahoma. The thing is this is an El Nino driven low pressure system that is a lot stronger than what we normally get so it has the potential to do some serious damage and nobody should take it lightly no matter where you are from. This system is still strengthening and it already has produced damage so I know I plan to be prepared.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm be out driving this 18 wheeler in this bad weather. I'm keep my eye open for twisters

rufus11381

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I battened down the hatches, they boat is secure, they shut the base down early

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol y'all calm down, national weather service is predicting gusts to max out at 30 mph ish, and looking at the radar so far the signs of organization are weak, especially coming from 25 years of watching weather in oklahoma

Uhhh, my wife was born and raised in OK, moved here when she was almost 40. Her brother is an air traffic controller there and she lives and breathes weather and meteorological stuff. They are both concerned. Plus, living through hurricanes for 58 years including losing a house in 2004, I think, makes me a bit qualified to judge when my spidee senses need to be listened too.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting windy here in Daphne. Pine cones peppering the roof already.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting windy here in Daphne. Pine cones peppering the roof already.

Definitely windy and ominous looking, but checked the radar and it seems to be going right around us. *fingers crossed*

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finished my storm prep. Tied the greenhouse project down to my work truck and trailer and took my personal truck to work and stored it in a hangar to protect against hail. Wife will be so proud about the greenhouse when she gets home. Guarding MY truck while leaving HER'S outside to get beat to shit. .......not so much.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got a tornado warning on my alarm panel.
    But looks like it is all going around us.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Passed 2 AllState mobile claim centers headed east on I-10 around mile marker 39 on my way home from Navarre this afternoon
    They were following an AllState disaster response van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I strapped the cans to a tree. Nothing worse than those jokers blowing around and spreading litter all over the place..

Attachments

• 20160223_161354_resized.jpg
      20160223_161354_resized.jpg
      971 KB · Views: 152
    Top Bottom