• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wondering if anyone else would like to have a BAD HABITS section added to the forums? A place that we could converse about tobacco, alcohol, and other bad habits products that we could also post for sale or trade. Before I make a request of the Management I'd like to find out if such a section for either chat or trade is of interest to any other members. Awaiting Y'all's Response. Thanks.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They should make a section just for your posts
    Perhaps that should be labelled "BAD EXAMPLE" not Bad Habits? Yet somehow things cooked in Bacon Drippings instead of Virgin Olive Oil may be Bad Habits but they are tasty enough not to be a BAD EXAMPLE. So since you have never learned something from any of my postings, or even taken the time to reexamine your preconceived bias? Now if I have a couple extra Cuban Cohibas that I wasn't to fond of, and you have a Five Pack of Candelas that I may desire, how do we barter? Or just Converse? Perhaps we barter via PMs, but where do we converse? And how do we share our Bad Habit Experience without clogging up another section of the forum? Guess you have taken up enough of your time reading my posts in other sections of the forum that this idea may have merit? Or not! Yet somehow like a moth to the flame it still draws your attention?

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps we can have a Gulf Coast Membership Get together at a Bad Habits Cigar Bar after a range session sometime in the future? Perhaps even a Bad Habits Coffee Shop prior to a Gulf Coast Range Session? Just food for thought? I mean those without a Bad Habit can toss the First Stone.....

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't mean to draw your attention until I had a consensuses from the other members of the forum Sir. But Thanks for being proactive and keeping a weather eye out. Thanks again Shipmate. Some of the best forums I've contributed to managed to publish annual get togethers that allowed members to gather and meet & greet. Not to mention grip & grin. Plus it added a bit of merit to their sponsorship, I mean what sponsor wouldn't like to have a gathering of multiple Gulf Coast Members with wherewithal in their pockets? Usually the best consideration of members gathered at establishments that catered to their Bad Habits. I mean there are more denominations of churches than there are establishments devoted to folks Bad Habits? But from a business perspective, Bad Habits pay more? Don't they? I mean we could attempt a gathering at a health food spot, but wouldn't we get more members to attend at a fried soul food spot? I'm betting more members would rather gather at a greasy spoon with flavor, than are going to gather to share alfalfa sprouts that they feed to the livestock they eat for Dinner. JMHO. But I've been proven wrong in the past. Not to proud to admit if I'm wrong. Thanks for noticing.Dare I say if the truth be told, there may be more sinners with Bad Habits on the forum than those that are qualified to to cast the first stone? JMHO YMMV.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Thank goodness I kicked the really bad habits years ago.
    I kicked cigarettes probably 35 years ago but picked up smokeless tobacco. I kicked that about 12 or 15 years ago and it was as tuff, if not tougher, than cigarettes .
    I missed it for a couple of years while fishing and mowing the yard.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Perhaps we can have a Gulf Coast Membership Get together at a Bad Habits Cigar Bar after a range session sometime in the future? Perhaps even a Bad Habits Coffee Shop prior to a Gulf Coast Range Session? Just food for thought? I mean those without a Bad Habit can toss the First Stone.....
    My only bad habit left is eating an although I’ve lost 76 pounds in the last year and a half I just can’t give it up completely.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kicked cigarettes probably 35 years ago but picked up smokeless tobacco. I kicked that about 12 or 15 years ago and it was as tuff, if not tougher, than cigarettes .
    And that I haven't had a fried food Bad Habits, you kicked that how many years ago? No fried shrimp or okra for how many years? Gave up red meat and only eat broiled fish not even a boiled chicken. Yup, I'll take that as another vote for a Bad Habit Section. YMMV.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My only bad habit left is eating an although I’ve lost 76 pounds in the last year and a half I just can’t give it up completely.
    It isn't what you put in your mouth, it's what comes out of your mouth that makes it more damning than just a Bad Habit. Not my words, but harder to abide by. JMHO. Is that another vote for a Bad Habit Section?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would but am selling out all my stuff, still drinking though...lol

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Top Bottom