• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nutenfancy has a good vid about background checks on utube. He brought up some good points that I haden't really thought about before. I used to think that it wasen't such a bad idea untill I saw this vid. Really didn't think ALL gunsales would have to go through a dealer for some reason. From what I got out of it Cal all sales are through a dealer even if they are private sales. Through a dealer there is a 20 year to keep records. That really amounts to regerstation. I am alittle slow on some of this stuff but that was an eye opener for me. In my slow mind I thought there would a system for us to do the background check from home and find if the buyer was a good guy and make the sale. Please don't brand me as a lib. I can change my mind about things. True libs are closed minded and will never look at facts.. I have been around them and have no use for someone so closed minded they never try to educate themselves about things. All yankies aren't bad. Watch the vid and see what you think.:mad2

collectorden

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Several Dems are on the record saying "we need universal background checks so we can trace a weapon back to the source."
    That has nothing to do with checking a person's background.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Several Dems are on the record saying "we need universal background checks so we can trace a weapon back to the source."
    That has nothing to do with checking a person's background.

True that. The holy grail of the gun ban crowd is knowing who owns what...information is power.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IN Florida, dealers hold records for 30 days.......btw, Universal BG checks will never work, it takes several minutes to half an hour by phone, per person. There is no mainframe in this country that can handle alll calls at once.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True that. The holy grail of the gun ban crowd is knowing who owns what...information is power.

yes it would be the information that powers the confiscation.
    that is the end game . they are just getting there one step at a time.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's my thoughts. I know I'm kind of a conspiracy theory minded person but these background checks could be our nightmare. OK, according to recent polls most people think "universal background checks" are a good thing because it keeps mentally deranged, criminals, etc from purchasing from a private seller. That part of the bill will probably pass because "it sounds good". Let's think about this for a minute. The bill passes with D and R support and politicians feel all better! What does this mean to us because we refuse to sell to that type of person anyway so no big deal right? WRONG! After that part of the bill passes, any private sale without background checks will be criminalized. Sell a .22 to cousin Bubba without BG check... you are now a felon and no longer allowed to own a firearm. But how will big brother know if you sold that .22 to cousin Bubba? Well they must first know what you have in your safe. "We are not infringing on your 2nd, you can keep all of your firearms. We just need to know what you have in your safe so if a criminal ends up with a firearm we can find out where he got it." Call me crazy but I think universal BG checks will mean registration. OK so now we have registration. When you go to register your legally owned firearm and it is on the "list" (there WILL be a list after this passes), you must now have a tax stamp. What will they charge for the stamp? $50, $100, $1000? Who will pay $1000 per year for a stamp to keep their $800 firearm? Get caught without a tax stamp... you are now a felon and no longer allowed to own firearms. Libs are very good at "nudging"; incremental steps to acheive their agendas. Universal BG checks are the next "liberal nudge" toward gun control!
    Everyone can now tell me how crazy I am!

Top Bottom