• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam 270

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to purchase a new shotgun at walmart monroeville al,and was told upto 30 day wait. Anybody experienced this. What yall think will walmart hold gun that long. I know for a fact I have a squeaky clean record. Our system has gone to the dogs. Bought a bunch of guns before never a problem till electronic check at walmarts. If it don't go thru how long to wait before going somewhere else to purchase.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Everything I've heard is a 3 day wait, even with a concealed permit. Their rules. 30? That's a stretch.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Went to purchase a new shotgun at walmart monroeville al,and was told upto 30 day wait. Anybody experienced this. What yall think will walmart hold gun that long. I know for a fact I have a squeaky clean record. Our system has gone to the dogs. Bought a bunch of guns before never a problem till electronic check at walmarts. If it don't go thru how long to wait before going somewhere else to purchase.
    This doesn't sound right. walmart can't just make stuff up, can they? Maybe new clerk made an error. My understanding is if they do a background check and they don't get an immediate reply in 10 days they release the purchased item. The 4473 background check is a federal program.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems that maybe walmart should just get outta the firearms business. I was told once that walmart is the largest seller of firearms in the country(?). Seems that maybe their firearms vendor would like to know they are actively trying to delay/reduce sales. Don't know about 'Bama, but I was told by a sporting goods person in a FL walmart that Sports South, LLC is the firearms vendor, and they even have catalog you can shop/order out of behind the counter. Ask to see the catalog, then you'll know who their fendor is. If it matters.....

Sam 270

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Called yesterday they can't find where I filled out form 4473 electronically. Wanted me to come fill out another. Screwed with me once not twice. I don't think a tristar raptor 12ga worth this crap

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Called yesterday they can't find where I filled out form 4473 electronically. Wanted me to come fill out another. Screwed with me once not twice. I don't think a tristar raptor 12ga worth this crap
    It's not the gun, it's Walmart. TriStar is one of the better import pieces. But you can also go to Ubers and pay 600 for the viper. Walmart lures you in with the price. I'd make sure they have the gun secured for you before filling anything out again.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a Walmart thing, not a state thing. I haven't bought a gun from Walmart in ages but here in Florida it's only 3 days unless you have a CCW, then there is no wait after the background clears. I buy new guns all the time.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    tell them to pound sand...

they ask for drvr lic to buy ammo which is not required in florida.... they can go back to ark as far as i am concerned.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Some Walmarts won't sell long guns to out of state residents. (That is a Walmart store policy NOT the law.) Not positive but I think Academy is starting to do the same thing. When I was a NC resident I purchased a rifle from a GA Walmart with no issues. This policy may even be a regional thing vs. a corporate policy :rolleyes:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    That's a Walmart thing, not a state thing. I haven't bought a gun from Walmart in ages but here in Florida it's only 3 days unless you have a CCW, then there is no wait after the background clears. I buy new guns all the time.
    At other gun dealers, yes. Background clears you walk out with one on your hip and one in your hand.
    You will be waiting 3 days at Walmart even with a concealed permit

Top Bottom