• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RGriff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey everyone. In my opinion, I believe everyone needs to take a moment to sign and share. Once the "higher powers" start to take away our freedoms, others will follow. We all know this is unconstitutional and we need to make sure those appointed "over us" hear our voice and know where we stand on gun control. I am sure and pretty aware they will probably laugh at this petition anyways but every measure we can take to prevent this from happening again is worth it to me.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ban-2015-proposed-congressman-david-cicilline

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Filled out the electronic questions of name an E-Mail, But do you all really believe this wont be ignored an dismissed as a lot of othe electronic info sent??? The old fashion pen and paper,, Best I remember takes several hundred on paper with in a limited time to be accepted.. Bulletin boards at our local ranges, members put in our addresses in here an get this done right.. Those that wrote our constitution put it on paper, all signed it and moved with it.. One ant wont stop a giant,, But many can..
    Open a post where memebers can sign a piece of paper that will make before those we talk about eeaching with our concerns.. olecarver
    I will take the time to ride where this petition is and sign in person,, Anyone else??

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RGriff,, Brother,sometimes what I say at times an how it comes out is not what I meant... Your post is what our club and all firearm owners need. People willing to move forward in any manner possible to save our Heritage. My statement above did not come out like I was thinking ,, To do a proper petition. It requires someone who can write up in the correct ( Language ) or wording I believe would be in order. Then there are time limits from the first signature to get the amount needed to present in a mannerly fashion to even be considered. There are some good Business owners and some we have read of in post here among us that could do this. I myself would take the time to go to one of our ranges on a match, or even places of business such as Accademy, E.R.G.C. Mikes an several other N R A associates an those that with permission requested first,, ( stand out side and get as many signatures ) from fellow sportsman. With planning and positive action. The amount needed and in timely manner can be accomplished.. My comment above was not to stop your idea or action ,, only to inspire a method proven to get attention. And results. olecarver

slfree

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    new guy signed it. But I'm not worried about this ever seing the light of day.

RGriff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Olecarver,

It surely takes a lot more than what you said to rattle me or get under my skin. What you said really didn't upset me the least bit. I stated in the beginning of my post "in my opinion". So you can take it how you want to and you are surely entitled to your opinion as well, in which won't upset me at all. What I seen was a person who has the same interests as us and thought it was important enough to take time out of his schedule to make the petition. Regardless how I felt about the petition, I noticed he didn't get the support he needs for the petition. So I in turn signed it and shared it to all the avenues I know. I did this to support a fellow brother of ours. I don't know the creator and probably might not ever. But he thought it was important enough to create it. I will stand behind him and do my part to get the signatures needed to be brought to the attention of the White House staff because Heaven forbid the signatures do not get the count and they use the failed petition as an indicator of the American peoples stance on the topic. I heard somewhere that "United we Stand. But divided we fall". So surely I will stand behind ANYONE who creates one on this topic out of respect and hopefully our numbers can be heard.

RGriff

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think both ideas are good, and we should participate in both emails, letters/ electronic petitions and paper petitions.

Top Bottom