• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I vote 3 pistol stages and 1 already setup carbine stage. It helps everything go by quickly and smoothly, which is nice this time of year.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    agreed. I love the carbine matches over 4 stages!

willing to travel? Tristate Gun Club over at Daleville AL is hosting a carbine only match on the 22 Aug. 4 stages, and minimum of 103 rounds. starts at 10am. let me know if you are interested

Parabellum...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pre-registering online will save a lot of time of everyone does that instead of doing all data entry on match day. Just remember to mark all registered shooters "Approved" on the match website before trying to download the match info to the devices. Only the approved shooters will get transferred. I can help setup the match for Sunday cause I have our club registered on Practiscore website already with a custom form that includes getting the ERGC club #s where appropriate.

Parabellum...

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guess we can't please everyone. Some feel cheated with only 3 pistol stages because they didn't get to shoot enough rounds. Others don't shoot side matches because they don't have a rifle or shotgun . . yet. Others can't stay so late because we shot four pistol stages AND a side match, because it's hot; because I have to travel far, because, because. We can't do one thing all the time. One month we had just rifle/pistol matches. Others want a classifier NOW because they're not classified, but August is too hot, September is too far away . . .

It's nice that other clubs are starting up in the area offering different things giving shooters more choices (where have they been?). Guess we need a suggestion box, but only the committed few will probably make suggestions while the rest will just groan and say "Whatever." However, this is YOUR club, so you get to make input and I think we have done well to accommodate many in the past few months. Let's set up a poll, but how many will vote? the same ten people? Indeed, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and it should because it had the fortitude to SPEAK UP. So let's make it known to the shooters Sunday to ask them what kind of matches they would like. I'll also send out an e-blast for suggestions or to participate in the poll by voting. First we have to decide what we want. Rifle only side matches? Rifle/pistol matches. Pistol and shotgun side matches, back up gun, pistol only with lots of rounds, etc. then we can set up the parameters for the polling. So let's hear some chatter out there in addition to those who have voiced opinions here and see what the rest of the group thinks too.

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Hey you may need new batteries in your keyboard after that post bro. You can't please everybody so you got to please yourself, I should make a song out of that but someone already has. Anyway we all are selfish in that we have our own interests in mind for our rec time. I only shoot pistols, only have Saturdays to shoot, therefore I only want pistol matches with lots of stages and round counts. IDPA is lower round count by design but it serves purpose and USPSA is more rounds by design and also different purpose. I like both for different reasons and try to shoot both as time allows. I say for your sanity and all MD's, set'um up, invite'um, score'um and don't let the whining bother you. Whining is a universal human thing, I know this because I hear people whining in church, before and after singing praises to God. As soon as the bullets start going downrange my hearing is immunized against it. So let's sling some lead! Carry-on, Rev out.

SD27

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only started coming out just recently, but personally appreciate the mix of side matches (rifle/pistol, BUG, shotgun/pistol). While being a recreational club, if any part of the intent is to prepare members for "real life" situations and gear manipulation (much like the ISIS taking over Wal-Mart stage...), it's important to have a wide variety of firearms and scenarios throughout the month/year even if people don't necessarily "enjoy" ALL of them. At some point, it's up to the people (Hipower) that put on the matches and put in the time and effort to run things to say "this is what it is...we will see you out there or not" (much like Qoholeth mentioned) and let people take it or leave it...or start helping to run things and make it their way. Input, voting and suggestions are awesome...up to a point. Can't please 'em all!

SD

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Typical USPSA match at either CORE (formerly K&M) or Talon ranges will have 5-6 stages all shot simultaneously for a total 150-200 match round count in 3-4 hours. If we were able to have IDPA match utilizing more shooting bays we could have more stages equaling more total rounds in the same or less time. ERGC is limited by only two bays allowing only two squads shooting at same time, etc.
    I have noticed as the match begins to wind down their are less stage helpers, because people get tired, hot, and just lazy. This also slows down match and causes some of us who run timers, score targets, and stay long enough to do stage teardown to grow weary. I like to shoot and assume everyone who shows up does too. However there does get to be a limit to how much you overwork your SO's. My equation is this the more shooting, plus more help equals good time for all and more patience from me with the indiscretions of others. YMMV

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The match director has spoken. We we are doing 4 pistol stages this week with no side match. This will be the first time in a long time that we have used this format, so enjoy the variety and bring plenty of ammo. See y'all Sunday.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for the input guys. ERGC is in the process of developing other bays allowing us to do more at the same time (although slow progress is better than no progress). Unlike K&M and other ranges where they can designate their whole range facilities to one big event and using all of their great land mass to putting on five or six stages with a higher round count, we have to make room for the rest of the club members to shoot on the other bays, whether they come out or not. However, we are also fortunate to be the only discipline that has TWO matches per month, unlike all the other disciplines. Other groups such as the Black powder metallic cartridge guys, may shoot every other month. However, their small number of participants probably has some influence on that too. I like the variety of the side matches. I wish everyone could participate, but I understand family responsibilities have a good deal to do with some inabilities to participate. We do what we can while we can and with what we got. Thanks for your help and participation.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone know if there's going to be a side match on the 22nd? I normally prefer 4 pistol stages with no side match, but I've got a buddy coming out to this one, so it might be nice for him to see one of the side matches. Either way, I'll be there and ready to shoot!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No more than 18 rounds per stage....so 72 max. Better bring 200 just to be sure!

Top Bottom