• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joebuck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am probably making a huge mistake (just because I will probably become addicted, ha!) but I have had a few stripped lowers and lower parts kits laying around for way too long. I have decided that I am going to put them together with my sons (ages 14 and 10). They are both Lego experts from years past so they will probably get the hang of it better than I will.

I know that I can watch the videos on youtube to assist with the instructions but my question is what kind of tools will I need in order to make this task a little easier? If there are any specialized tools needed, where can I purchase them? Any specific youtube vids that you guys have found to be more useful than others? Any other advice you can give to someone assembling their first lower?

Thanks for any and all help ... it is much appreciated!

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A small hammer, a pin punch set, a pair of channel lock pliers (for seating the bolt release pin), needle nose pliers(for the c-clip on the dust cover rod), a hex key for screwing on the hand grip (I forget the size) and a small block of wood for support when punching pins. This is the guide I used: http://www.thenewrifleman.com/how-to-build-a-lower-receiver/

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Other than maybe a screw driver and/or a hex bit (for the grip) All you need is a punch set. Academy sells them for about $20. I actually put my first lower together using old drill bits as makeshift punches, and tape to protect the lower and parts, you could try that if you don't want to invest in the punches yet. It's really quite simple, though the mag catch and front takedown can be a little tricky the first time, but still relatively simple.

Top Bottom