• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickybobby

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They had 3 DPMS ($1699) and 1 S&W ($1999) in stock yesterday. Of course these are $800 guns at the most, but they are there is you are willing to pay the premium. They also had pmags for $55 and a 100 round mag for $300.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    They Used to be $800.00 guns, not anymore. Perhaps they will go back down to $800.00 again, but it won't be anytime soon.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guess if you compare that to the sale of lowers going for upwards of $1000, $1999 for a complete gun isn't so bad. :frog: Heck, While I'm at it I might as well buy some real-estate on the Moon :yuck:

rickybobby

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A buddy of mine went in there today to try to get a package deal on an AR and a handgun. The salesman told him he doesn't make any money on guns and that he paid $1600 for the new DPMSs. Load of crap!

I don't believe it is gouging. It is free market, supply and demand. You have the choice to buy at a premium to guarantee you have it or wait until you can get a good price. I personally bought all I want (and some) while the prices were still normal.

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's just poor business. Everyone needs to make money yes, but we all know he didn't pay anywhere near $1600 unless he bought them from another retailer at retail price in the past 30 days. If he did that and is selling for the same he's stupid. You win customers by giving fair deals and good service. He's entitled to make a profit but anyone who has followed this madness know BS when the see it.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trust me if people stop buying... And just hold off, prices will drop because people will want to unload their stock. However with the hype still around... everyone is going to try to take advantage of it. LIke selling a complete lower for $1000 hahahahaha never!!!!

HitEmLow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in there the other day and got the same line from the guy. One of the young guys said "That's what they're going for" while the owner said that's basically what he paid for them. I'm not an expert but i'm pretty sure you can't run a business selling items for what you paid for them. But if you're paying $800-$900 for a gun and then marking it up $1,000, now that seems a little more likely.

Top Bottom