• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luvmyglock

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wm_5920758.jpg Item I have a genuine Army issue 1911 that comes with a leather holster and paperwork from the military showing the transfer of the gun out of their inventory. I'm currently having problems uploading a picture of the gun but I can text it to anyone and the gun is obviously available to be shown to any interested party.

Location Pensacola

Contact Info 712-6339

Price $1250.00 OBO

Item Description Authentic Colt 1911 with papers showing transfer from military inventory to civilian market. The gun is stamped Property of US Army on the right side of the receiver. It comes with a 7rd magazine. This gun was made by Colt in 1918.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
      photo (1).JPG
      16.4 KB · Views: 944
    • wm_5920758.jpg
      wm_5920758.jpg
      155 KB · Views: 758
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Do you know if that frame was previously plated? Doesn't seem to match slide or thumb safety...or might just be light in photo?

You'd know that from the arsenal marks. Should be around the trigger guard somewhere. It'd then be classified as an arsenal rebuild, not that there's anything wrong with that.

pistolpedro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Is the "United States Property" partially removed? What arsenal stamps appear on the right side? What other marking appear on the pistol?

luvmyglock

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The us property mark is fully there, and the arsenal mark is a script m within a circle. That or it's a J that runs into the m. If you want a picture of it send me a number or email because when I try to upload it the forum says it failed.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The us property mark is fully there, and the arsenal mark is a script m within a circle. That or it's a J that runs into the m. If you want a picture of it send me a number or email because when I try to upload it the forum says it failed.
    try re-sizing the photo....check the max dimensions listed on the upload menu.
    Most cameras exceed the max resolution....and the files have to be made smaller to be posted.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    try re-sizing the photo....
    Most cameras exceed the max resolution....and the files have to be made smaller to be posted.

^^^

I'm quite certain that this is the problem that almost everyone is having when they cant upload photos. I help people with this often, and the sizes of the files they send me are typically 2.5 to 3+ meg. I dont know what the site limit is, but Im sure that exceeds it.

"Vueprint" is a simple photo editing program available from hamrick.com and is free these days. It resizes easily.

Or, if they are taken with your phone, you can just text them to yourself and then re-save them from the received text. The SMS software automatically compresses them for texting, and so they are at a suitable size for posting to the forum afterwards.

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    or use a service like Tinypic.
    http://tinypic.com/
    this is my 1911:
    11jw0p5.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom