• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I know a teacher who used his personal firearm to kill 2 teens who were armed and about to start shooting other kids.

It works

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I thought about applying to the guardian program but these guys will be the first ones burned at the stake when sh@t goes south and it will !!!!!!

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Santa rosa is hiring part-time on an on call basis and the training program to my understanding is unpaid and closer in length to a le training course than security( based off the last round of time they had hiring for this buddy went through).

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait a minute. What happened to the SROs that we absolutely had to have in every school? OK, I'll answer my own question. What you got as SROs were the broken, coasting toward retirement, and/or bottom of the barrel that no one wanted on the street and/or to work with. But hey, there's a patrol car outside and a body in uniform inside. Individual aside, where is that manpower now if not in a school? Back on patrol would be my guess. Top priority.

Training school staff? Meh, not so sure about that. Considering the demographic that comprises the majority of the public education system, my confidence is low. But, emotions are high, and someone has to do something. There's your first mistake. Take a knee, catch you breath, think it through.

Guardians. Really? Does anyone really believe they are gonna get the mentality/skills required to deal with a dangerous, dynamic, and life-threatening situation, while the cops cordon the outside, for a menial wage, much less through volunteers? The people that have the skills required are already employed making much more than will ever be offered. Prime example of "somebody has to do something."

Somebody should have done something long ago. And here we sit, waiting on somebody. Who? Biden??

Last edited:

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wait a minute. What happened to the SROs that we absolutely had to have in every school? OK, I'll answer my own question. What you got as SROs were the broken, coasting toward retirement, and/or bottom of the barrel that no one wanted on the street and/or to work with. But hey, there's a patrol car outside and a body in uniform inside. Individual aside, where is that manpower now if not in a school? Back on patrol would be my guess. Top priority.

Training school staff? Meh, not so sure about that. Considering the demographic that comprises the majority of the public education system, my confidence is low. But, emotions are high, and someone has to do something. There's your first mistake. Take a knee, catch you breath, think it through.

Guardians. Really? Does anyone really believe they are gonna get the mentality/skills required to deal with a dangerous, dynamic, and life-threatening situation, while the cops cordon the outside, for a menial wage, much less through volunteers? The people that have the skills required are already employed making much more than will ever be offered. Prime example of "somebody has to do something."

Somebosy shoud have done somehting long ago. And here we sit, waiting on somebody. Who? Biden??
    That may be true in some counties but not most. For example here in Baldwin County all SRO's are also DARE officers. The DARE course is actually a pretty difficult course that not everyone makes it through. The SRO's here also go though pretty intense force on force active shooter training. At least (2) SRO's I know are also SRT (SWAT) team members as well. Just my .02 worth!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hasn’t been a mass school shooting in Israel since 1974. They have armed security. Joe’s daughter’s diary gives you some insight to why he likes children so much.
    Most men and many women in Israel serve a compulsory tour in the active military and then are considered reserve until something like age 55. In reserve status, they are (were?) allowed to keep their equipment/weapons at home. Almost sounds like a militia, doesn't it? Ewe, bad word.....

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That may be true in some counties but not most. For example here in Baldwin County all SRO's are also DARE officers. The DARE course is actually a pretty difficult course that not everyone makes it through. The SRO's here also go though pretty intense force on force active shooter training. At least (2) SRO's I know are also SRT (SWAT) team members as well. Just my .02 worth!
    Nice to know there's something somewhat close to home, but I believe y'all are the anomaly and not the national norm. Good for you, and those in your community.

As for me, I've got my, and my family's, 21-foot bubble. Not lookin' to adminsiter justice, just lookin' for someone in government service to enable/support me and the predicament I perceive I face. Currenlty operating as if no help is coming. That's worked for decades for me.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mostly liberal school boards and teachers will probably fight it all they can. Will have to come from the top like Ohio. If they don’t want to increase the budget they may have to lose a few teachers to pay for security. Couple of retired guys on golf carts is a whole lot better than nothing. Retrain the maintenance people for dual role.

Pierre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First of all this so-called guardian program they are advertising is not the arming of or allowing qualified teachers to carry. It's more like an armed security guard. 1st: You need RSOs in the schools...unfortunately. 2nd: In most shootings the killing is done in the first few seconds. It takes minutes for armed security to show up. You have to remember, when seconds count you are the first responder! We have too many snowflakes making decisions. We have an open border with thousands of military age males coming into the country everyday...You see they are trying to take away our 2nd amendment rights. The 2nd amendment is there for the protection of the 1st amendment and the rest of the Constitution & especially the Bill of Rights.

Scotyrock

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I have seen is that security in place at schools are manned by people who run from the fire. They need to have personnel in place that will run into the fire. Formal military.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Somebody should have done something long ago. And here we sit, waiting on somebody. Who? Biden??
    The Guardians are intended to supplement/back up the SRO’s. As for the SRO’s being broken or “bottom of the barrel”, you obviously haven’t met any of the ones in Santa Rosa. I suggest that you do so before making any more such uninformed comments.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I personally know some of the SRO’s. The one’s I know are hard working, high integrity people that I am happy are guarding kids in my county. I was interested in the guardian program, but did not LEO or Mil background. (Although I have almost 10 years of compeitive shooting and 30+ years in behavior health). I hope those of you that have that background are looking hard at this opportunity to protect our kids and teachers.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Resource officer shot and killed a guy trying to break into an elementary school in Alabama. Someone driving by reported the man, school locked down, resource officer called for back up but went in solo and ended the threat when the guy tried to take the officer’s gun. Didn’t say if the guy had a gun of his own but he tried to break into the officer’s marked car out front before attempting to enter the building at multiple doors. Police don’t know why he was trying to get in yet and said he was 32 and from North Carolina

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I had 3 boys who went through Pace High School and there was always a SRCS there every time I went. I thought that was standard in Santa Rosa?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Guardians are intended to supplement/back up the SRO’s. As for the SRO’s being broken or “bottom of the barrel”, you obviously haven’t met any of the ones in Santa Rosa. I suggest that you do so before making any more such uninformed comments.
    We won't all agree on everything, and I'm not gonna try. I apologize for any hurt feels of those who feel who are 100% certain they've been truly misjudged.

Top Bottom