• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have a ptac lower in very good condition. Pickup in Niceville, Fort Walton Beach or Crestview. $120 with a new milspec trigger and grip. 20200825_230110.jpg

Last edited:

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    It has been built before, only sell due to I switched all my lowers the aero. Lower has no issues and is in good condition.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Still the issue is there of once a rifle always a rifle. You having built as such gives it the designation.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The lower is registered as an other. There has been no designation change made. They don't check lowers purchased designated as other once there built.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So there’s no registration in Florida.

In my non-lawyer opinion, if it was never transferred as a rifle, any burden of proof would be REALLY high. I see it as caveat emptor.

Cujo, unless you’re genuinely interested, I’d leave the man’s thread clear but your concern is understandable.

GLWS Sir,
    I’d still be interested to see the other size since it’s been stripped down. Thanks.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I'll post a picture when I get home and yes there obviously is a registration in Flordia. There is three designations on the form; rifle, handgun or other. When you purchase a lower that is just a lower it gets registered as OTHER, because they don't know what it will be built as.

lightningII35

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll post a picture when I get home and yes there obviously is a registration in Flordia. There is three designations on the form; rifle, handgun or other. When you purchase a lower that is just a lower it gets registered as OTHER, because they don't know what it will be built as.
    If you are referring to the 4473 you fill out to purchase a firearm, that is not a registration. Those designations only exist for the processing of the background check and determine what the age restriction is. The dealer your purchased from must retain that document for 20 years, but the online NICS system does not retain any personal information for an extended amount of time. After a proceed is given (have not had a denial yet), all information is wiped from the system within days. The only exception being a unique serial number that is generated for each check, which will match the retained copy of the 4473 that the dealer has (I assume as proof of a check being done in the event of an ATF audit).

Top Bottom