• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any idea about the stages yet? Hate to be a pain in the ass but if I have to Swan Dive into the dirt to shoot under cover I probably should pass on this one. If I do someone will have to help me up.

Or I could just not shoot that part and get a big P and shoot the pistol. Now that sounds like a plan. Any idea how many rifle mags we will need? If I shoot the .22 I might have to buy a couple more. Thanks High Power.

The stages are still coming together, but if there is a part where one is asked "to dive in the dirt" you can always opt to shoot it standing and take the P. We don't want anyone to overdo themselves or injure themselves to come out and have fun and burn some rounds. Should not need any more than two rifle mags for the mag change in between on one stage. .22LR ammo is also fine for your rifle which will put you in a different division.

Regarding pistol type: since this is not an official IDPA match, you can use whatever pistol you want as long as you have a secure holster for it and it isn't chambered for .50 BMG. It can have a compensator or muzzle brake, just don't shoot it from retention. This can be an opportunity to see how your "special gun" works in a fighting scenario, somewhat.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The stages are still coming together, but if there is a part where one is asked "to dive in the dirt" you can always opt to shoot it standing and take the P. We don't want anyone to overdo themselves or injure themselves to come out and have fun and burn some rounds. Should not need any more than two rifle mags for the mag change in between on one stage. .22LR ammo is also fine for your rifle which will put you in a different division.

Regarding pistol type: since this is not an official IDPA match, you can use whatever pistol you want as long as you have a secure holster for it and it isn't chambered for .50 BMG. It can have a compensator or muzzle brake, just don't shoot it from retention. This can be an opportunity to see how your "special gun" works in a fighting scenario, somewhat.
    All my guns are " special " kind sir.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm going to have to respectfully bow out...have fun fellas!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, I've got 4x4 now, so rain, mud, or shine, I'll be shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Always a great match when you win! Haha! Congrats it really was a great match, Levi congrats too, you are really becoming a top shooter, and it was nice to have GCGF Lurker extraordinaire, Grandmaster Steven join us. Congrats to the top 4!!!
    I absolutely love my new pistol and have ordered new goodies for it to make it shoot even better. I can't wait for the next pistol match.
    Mike, regardless of who whines and moans about the matches, they forget that's it's completely voluntary. I was there until 3 hanging out and shooting after the match and wouldn't have had it any other way. Thank you for all you do.

Last edited:

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    This match was so much fun. Congrats to Charles Schwarts for the win. Charles Steen who was there from set up to tear down was less than 2 seconds behind him. There were several new shooters which was awesome. There were four on our squad and they did very well. John Booth did a great job mentoring all the new shooters. Thanks to Mike and all those that made it happen.

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always a pleasure shooting with you guys. the new shooters did great. As for a name change to shoot better, I'd go with John or brant.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    John Charles Stevens-Wilson. It's settled.
    Nice to meet you guys.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hey, a name change, a little dry fire and I'll be winning all the matches!
    Having said that, I am NOT looking forward to cleaning the 3 rifles. The can makes them absolutely filthy.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461466741.056810.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461466741.056810.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461466741.056810.jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 130

pcfreddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a blast. I stunk, but I learned a lot and had fun. Thank you to all those who gave me tips and advice. Oh, and ammo.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom