• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sureicanfish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks for the input guys but my main concern is grouping and accuracy. Again, what struck me the most was how much higher the hornady and silvertips hit above where the cheaper winchester super-x hit, they say flat shooting but these must have been rising. I like the idea of the bullet doing massive internal damage without blowing out, i think thats what they designed it to do, and i hope to become confident enough in my shot placement that i wont have to worry about tracking something too far.

joebow09

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks for the input guys but my main concern is grouping and accuracy. Again, what struck me the most was how much higher the hornady and silvertips hit above where the cheaper winchester super-x hit, they say flat shooting but these must have been rising. I like the idea of the bullet doing massive internal damage without blowing out, i think thats what they designed it to do, and i hope to become confident enough in my shot placement that i wont have to worry about tracking something too far.

its prolly FPS those other 2 are proly moving a lot faster hence the rise^^^but every bullet is going to preform differently...but on a separate note im not sure I agree with your theory of shooting well enough to not have to track far especially with out a blood trail. heck fmj's group great but I wouldn't hunt with them...I want a bullet that will expand and punch through a animal, not come apart and blow up, internal damage does nothing for me...if I can get an animal to bleed even on a misplaced shot (cause it will happen)that's the ticket!!!

basically find a (hunting bullet) that groups well for you and your gun and use that...if you want fancy groups get bullets that will do that.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hornady has 2 types of powder. One is regular rifle powder, the other is a "propellant". They use both in the Superformance cartridges. Look on the cartridge box, as it will tell you what you are shooting. And yes, the propellant is Hotter than the average rifle powder, which increases the fps to something like 200 fps or more. (i forget).
    So yes, it will cause a rise in grouping. As far as the round, it is polymer tipped, and will fly truer. I believe they are excellent in grouping, but then again, it will greatly depend on your barrel's condition, scope used, distance, environment, and the person shooting it. Too many variables.
    But I believe it's safe to say, Yes, it is an excellent round for grouping and it flies faster since the propellant is hotter than the standard powder.
    I can't comment on the silver tips, I don't use them at all.

Top Bottom