• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been getting raped by my vet on prices for heartworm and flea prevention meds. Anyone order online? Looking for a reputable company

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a close friend that is a veterinarian in another state. He told me that there are some good places to order from but to be careful as some of the discount places sell out of date prescriptions and that's why it's cheap. It's legal to sell OOD meds for animal use. I'll send him an email right now and ask who the good companies are. It will be a little while before I hear back as he's in Hawaii.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Swent thanks man. I have been doing a bunch of research and it seems like every site is a ripoff..

sfiturbo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We order for our cats and dogs through Amazon and 1-800-pet meds. Once you know what chemicals are effective and the dosage, you can save by dosing from the largest size. Feed stores used to be great for cattle de-wormer (dog) and lasted forever. Outside of urgent care at a vet office, we've cared for all of our animals through alternate sources, saving loads over the years. Just compare ingredients. Rotate the flea meds, they build up a tolerance it seems, and treat your yard with Permethryn from Anchor DIY.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK Fupa, here's the response straight from the vet's mouth. Not good:

The big problem is that there's a great chance that they aren't the real deal, but rather a knock off out of China made to look like the real thing. Years ago I copied an article which covered one of many class action law suits against PetMeds. Pet Meds admitted that they could neither guarantee the quality, safety or efficacy of their products. WOW! They sell so much stuff, to settle these lawsuits is just a slap on the wrist each time. Until they get a cease and desist order, they go right back doing the same thing. Here recently several of these warehouse pet supply stores have pulled many dog chews, etc. from China, because they have been linked to over 1,000 dog deaths. Only when it starts to affect their bottom line do they "seem" concerned. SOS

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He just sent another message that might be helpful:

You can shop around at vets, assured that you are getting good stuff. All vets have different overheads, and some may be able to buy in bulk, thus able to sell for less. Some are just out for all they can get.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah that is what I had figured. Thanks Sean. My pets are too important to me to risk giving them some shitty mess from God knows where just to save a few bucks. I appreciate you taking the time to ask your buddy..

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well damn i got excited for a bit thinking someone was gonna have a line on good pet meds and then booooom back to the Vet again. Dang it

Top Bottom