• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone on the forum still play with toys? I've got tons of RC stuff lying around collecting dust if anyone would be interested in trades or buying it. I wanted to test the waters to see if anyone would like to offer a firearm trade, other trades or even cash offers.

I've got several R/C helicopters from trainers to full blown 3d helis. Hell, I have everything to take a beginner to an expert. I'v also got a sweet Team Associated tc5 touring car I used to race in Pensacola.

I have a Associated tc5 with every extra you can imagine a LOSI Mini Sprint and a very nice DX3c computerized transmitter, LiPos, good LiPo charger, Blade MCX, Scout, MCPX 3D, Blade 400 3D, Blade SR120, Parkzone su-26 and a Dx-6 transmitter to control them all.

Interested in a nice .22 rifle, sks, ak47, 5.56 ammo, other rifles and handguns and most any "cool trade"

Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    man......tempting! I used to run TJ's hobby shop on Creighton road and raced r/c cars for over 13 years. Got out of it when I got married in 2000, then tried to get back into it about a year ago when my son was old enough to play around with me. Turns out it was too soon since the wife squeezed out baby no. 3 last year. Just no free time on the weekends to get in all my play time. Something about "too many irons in the fire....."

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    used to race a HPI (?) RS5 1/10scale. Had an OSR 1.3cc motor on it if I'm remembering the stats right. Maybe it was something else with 1.3hp. I dont remember. I had upgraded most of the plastic parts to anodized aluminum, a 2spd trans, badass pipe that I paid way too much for as a 19yr old. It was a bad sumbitch!

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1EE5D4DC-27A5-47ED-9ED5-CB2B132364E0-870-000000E5A1FFF30C_zps47902366.jpg

She won a couple races, but I had the most fun building her.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been dabbling in R/C planes since I was 15, I fly mostly sport/aerobatic planes and sailplanes. Tried helos, too nerve racking for me but you should see some of the guys in the club fly them, amazing !

I am VP of the local model airplane club and a certified instructor pilot (yes, you need to be certified to teach at our, or any other AMA sanctioned field) so we are able to teach anybody to fly using a buddy box system. If anybody's interested in learning to fly R/C planes LMK.

Bring you air stuff out to the field one Sat or Sun morning, see if anybody's interested, or post it on out for sale board.

Rick

Attachments

• DSC_4912.jpg
      DSC_4912.jpg
      394.5 KB · Views: 66

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope, 3 meter Paragon, built in 1982 and recently stripped and recovered by me with Ultracote. I have 2 flights on this plane of over an hour, and only came down because my eyes and neck reached they're flight time limit. This thing floats like a feather.

Rick

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ah. I learned on a gentle lady. (and no, that's not a sexual reference!) built it in the mid 80's. My dad, a retired NAVY aviator, can keep it up til the sun goes down. I could keep it up about 15 minutes after the little .049 pod sputtered out...

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 2 meter glider or two Rick. Sean got me into DLG a while back but I'm still of the mindset that
    real men javelin launch! LOL

Nice Paragon BTW.. I'm currently rebuilding a 99 inch Cumic.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Hoss, I tried DLG a while back with a Photon II. Decided I'm a bit too fat to be spinning around like a top. I'll stick to the winch.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nahhh Rick, with all the physical stuff you do DLG ain't nothin'!

Now Hoss on the other hand is currently recovering from surgery. Talked to him yesterday. Let's just say certain pain meds affect his sleep cycles a bit. Tales of dreams featuring Hoss and Ernest Hemingway clff climbing in Cuba in search of Cuban lovelies, a horrible street fight with a Rhinoceros where he broke his much loved tactical flashlight over said ungulate's head and IIRC something about the Care Bears makes me think I need to rescue the Hossman next weekend and hand him a transmitter.

I'll do the launches Hoss. You can sit in a lawn chair and fly. Wouldn't want you walking around in that hospital gown you put on backwards and all...............

Top Bottom